Laptop does not turn on, please help!!!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
clean install instructions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

VlaGas

clean install instructions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).
Thank you very much! Probably a stupid question, but is it safe for me to do this? Will that delete any of my information that I currently have on my PC (like installed applications, files etc)?

barlew

Godlike
Thank you very much! Probably a stupid question, but is it safe for me to do this? Will that delete any of my information that I currently have on my PC (like installed applications, files etc)?
It will delete everything and reinstall your OS from scratch.