Laptop doesn't start

Hi everybody,

I was gone over the weekend and now my laptop doesn't start anymore. It's a Recoil 15" from 2019. When I press the start button nothing happens, a few seconds later the power light and the light on the touchpad flashes very briefly and that's it. Any suggestions?

Sure! I ordered from the German website and it seems I can only get the specs in German but I think it's all self-explanatory:

Gehäuse & Display
Recoil-Serie: 15,6"-Full-HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED-Widescreen matt (1920 x 1080)
Prozessor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 6-Core 9750H (2,6 GHz, 4,5 GHz Turbo)
Arbeitsspeicher
32 GB Corsair 2666 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16 GB)
Grafikkarte
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti - 6,0 GB GDDR6 Video-RAM - DirectX® 12,1
1. M.2 SSD-Laufwerk
1 TB-SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (bis zu 3500 MB/R, 3300 MB/W)
1. Speicherlaufwerk
2 TB SEAGATE 7 mm SERIAL ATA III 2.5"-FESTPLATTE MIT 128MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
Speicherkartenleser
Integrierter 2-in-1-Speicherkartenleser (SD, MMC)
AC-Adapter
1 x 120 W AC-Adapter
Netzteilstromkabel
1 x Europäisches Kleeblatt-Kabel, 1,5 Meter
Batterie
46 Wh-Lithium-Ionen-Akku der Recoil-II-Series
Wärmeleitpaste
THERMISCHE STANDARDWÄRMELEITPASTE FÜR AUSREICHENDE KÜHLUNG
Soundkarte
2-Kanal High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
WLAN-Karte
GIGABIT-LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1,73 Gbps, 802.11AC) + BT 5.0
USB-/Thunderbolt-Optionen
1 x USB 3.1-ANSCHLUSS (Typ C), 2 x USB 3.1-ANSCHLÜSSE, 1 x USB 2.0-ANSCHLUSS
Tastatursprache
HINTERGRUNDBELEUCHTETE SCHWEDISCHE / FINNISCHE MECHANISCHE PER-KEY-RGB-TASTATUR
Betriebssystem
KEIN BETRIEBSSYSTEM ERFORDERLICH
Sprache des Betriebssystems
Deutschland/Deutschland – Deutsch
Windows-Wiederherstellungsmedium
WIEDERHERSTELLUNGSMEDIEN NICHT ERFORDERLICH
Bürosoftware
KOSTENLOSE 30 Tage-Testversion von Microsoft 365® (Betriebssystem erforderlich)
Antivirus
KEINE ANTIVIRUS-SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Tastatur & Maus
INTEGRIERTE 2-TASTEN-TOUCHPAD-MAUS
Webcam
INTEGRIERTE 1 MP-HD-WEBCAM
Garantie
3 Jahre Standard-Garantie (1 Monat Abholung und erneute Lieferung, 2 Jahre Teile, 3 Jahre Arbeit)
Lieferung
2 – 6 TAGE LIEFERZEIT NACH EUROPA (LÄNDERABHÄNGIG)
Herstellungszeit
Standardmodell – Rund 2 bis 4 Arbeitstage
Werbeartikel
Geforce Fortnite-Bundle GRATIS zu ausgewählten GTX-Karten
Begrüßungsbuch
PCZ Begrüßungsbuch - Deutschland

I started investigating the issue a bit and here's what I have found out so far:

I disconnected the battery and also put out each of the RAM modules separately which both didn't change anything relevant.

I noticed that when I press start then the USB ports will power up (turning on connected devices powered via usb) and the moment the power light of the laptop flashes they will turn off again. However there is no sign of activity on the laptop beyond that (the fans and the screen don't turn on, neither does the internal keyboard light; no clear audible activity either).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That sounds pretty terminal to be honest. I think something significant may have failed, either the power controller or the motherboard itself.

How old is the system? Standard warranty I see, I think you may only be covered for labour.

The laptop is from 2019, so beyond the warranty. My own guess is that it's a faulty motherboard. A bit disappointing considering this is a 2000 € laptop and I have other cheaper, much older and heavily used laptops around that still work.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The laptop is from 2019, so beyond the warranty. My own guess is that it's a faulty motherboard. A bit disappointing considering this is a 2000 € laptop and I have other cheaper, much older and heavily used laptops around that still work.
Age has no impact in electrical component failure particularly. More down to faulty circuitry or temps. Did you service the laptop at all?

Standard warranty is 3 years for labour, but you select the parts warranty.

I cleaned it regularly and there was never any incident regarding liquids or heat, so I really don't see where this could come from.