Laptop HDMI to TV Colour Issue

LanceC09

Hi, i use my tv as a dual monitor for my laptop, and the colours between them are pretty different such as the lightness/darkness and even the richness of colours.

I connect it using an HDMI cable. Ive also tried the living room tv and it has the same issue.

I went into the intel graphic settings and the tv settings to use full RGB as it was on limited. This helped a bit but they still are not identical.

On top of this im not 100% whether its the tv or laptop screen or maybe both that doesn't show the correct standard screen/colour settings.

Ive been using images that i use as wallpapers, and if i change my laptop settings such as gamma, and contrast i can get it to look very similar tothe image on the tv. Though if i look at another image its like the settings need to be changed again to get it to look very similar.

The main reason why this is bothering me is because in college i have to create art work for games etc. If i create something that looks good on my screen, it might look pretty different to a potential buyer of artwork in the future.

So im wondering what i should do with the settings on either of the screens, do you have this issue, what settings do you have/what is the standard settings.

Overall im pretty confused with this.

Thank you to all that help.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
There may be a "PC mode" in your TV's settings, or an HDMI port that's labelled as being the one you should use for input from a PC, depending on the model.

Have you tried it with external computer monitors?

Every laptop screen and standalone monitor model will be different, and there are different types of panel like TN and IPS. And TVs will be designed for watching movies and sports. A monitor with a TN panel will be more responsive than an IPS panel, but not have as good colour reproduction. Etc. So it may just be your TV.

You could try your laptop with various monitors at college or that friends/family and see how they are.

Last edited: