Laptop Operating System

th3boi87

Hi,

I received my laptop today and have just got home to start it up. I get aptio setup utility when i start the laptop up. I thought the laptop came with the operating system installed and would start up automatically.

Does anyone know if the operating system is supposed to be installed or do you have to do it yourself?

Thanks in advance.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I presume you ordered it win an OS?

I have not seen this problem before, all I can see online are people asking questions but no real answers. It seems to point to a fried BIOS, not sure that's much help to you but I think your best bet might be to give PCS a call and talk them through way you can see on the screen. possibly they will have encountered this before, but it doesn't look like a simple fix to me.

th3boi87

Hi, yes i ordered it with 64 bit windows 7 it has come with the installation cd which made me think maybe they hadn't installed it but i could swear i read somewhere that the operating system would come installed. I have got two hard drives on my laptop so no cd drive so if i need to install it i would have to get a usb cd drive, bit of a pain.

I guess i will give them a call tomorrow morning just a bit disappointing after waiting a few weeks for the laptop to be manufactured was hoping to start using it tonight.

Thanks.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah, I don't think this is a problem with the os installation, you should have had the OS installed from PCS as they need to install it in order to test the system.

Looks like a problem with the motherboard [BIOS] from what I can see online nothing I can see gives any solutions I'm afraid

helen500

Hi th3boi87

How did you get on? I am about to order a laptop and would want to avoid a disappointment like yours.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Hi th3boi87

How did you get on? I am about to order a laptop and would want to avoid a disappointment like yours.

I wouldn't let any of the tech support posts on here put you off, PCS ship 100's of rig per week and only a tiny fraction of newly delivered computers have problems. Although the OP hasn't come back to say how he got on, I presume he got it fixed/sent back for repair as he hasn't come back to say I don't know for sure.

But yeah, I would go ahead and order it as the chances of anything going wrong are very slim indeed.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I wouldn't let any of the tech support posts on here put you off, PCS ship 100's of rig per week and only a tiny fraction of newly delivered computers have problems. Although the OP hasn't come back to say how he got on, I presume he got it fixed/sent back for repair as he hasn't come back to say I don't know for sure.

But yeah, I would go ahead and order it as the chances of anything going wrong are very slim indeed.

+1 :)