Laptop Overclocking: Can I do it? Is it a good idea?

Saryad

Im currently waiting for my PCS enigma III to arrive, and i was wondering if its possible to overclock a laptop CPU/graphics card.

And if it is possible is it safe to do, will it increase the running temperature, will it decrease the component lifetimes, in short is it a stupid thing to do if your not an expert?

Pete

Bright Spark
And if it is possible is it safe to do, will it increase the running temperature, will it decrease the component lifetimes, in short is it a stupid thing to do if your not an expert?
personally and i don't have that much experience with gaming laptops but i would say the answers are "yes" to all those questions.

and i think i'm right in saying that you'll invalidate your warranty

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i wouldn't reccomend it dude, the heat coming out would increase and it WILL increase the chances of it overheating, not what you want in ya brand new laptop! lol

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I was going to do it to my current laptop and i spoke to a friend about it who strongly disagreed with doing it as the heat produced will be a lot

NMEBowen

Master Poster
yer laptops are capable of it but to be stable you would have to add some sort of cooler and due to the size it wouldnt really be a laptop anymore.