Laptop Overheating

Ferimeth

Hello guys,

About a year and half ago I got a P650RS, I can't remember the account so it's hard to say which laptop it is,
It has the following specs with a GTX1070

V-Sync 2.png

V-Sync.png

However the temperature is always on the 80/90 degrees even with the fans on full speed, I can't play games anymore as it just overheats and shuts down.
I tried under-clocking as well but it doesn't do any difference,

What do you guys recommend that I should do ?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First thing to do is open it up and clean it. Pay special attention to the fan blades and the finned heat exchanger right next to them. This is where ALL the cooling is done. Use a can of low pressure compressed air and a soft brush to tease the dust and muck away.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I'd also look at doing a repaste. This can make a massive difference to temperatures and is easy enough to do with a bit of YouTube watching first.

Ferimeth

Hey guys,

Thank you for quick replies,
I've done both of the suggestions but its still with the same temperatures even after cleaning and applying paste,

This is how dusty it was.

IMG_20190419_155636.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Are you certain the heat exchanges (where the copper heat pipes go) are clean and with good airflow through them? That really is where all the cooling is done.

Ferimeth

Yeah I've cleaning everything, however I just noticed that
With the same settings without plugging AC the max heat is 67/69 as soon as I plug AC it jumps straight to 90 / 100

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I wonder whether the heat is coming from the battery then? How long will it run on battery after a full charge?

Can you tell whether the battery gets hot when on charge?

The other difference is the power options. What differences are there between on battery and on power?