Laptop spec for photo editing.

Growler

Hi, I am looking for a new laptop for photo editing, I was looking to purchase a Dell XPS 15. I'm looking for 2 main qualities, speed (for processing the picture adjustments and saving the end image) and picture quality, it needs to have an accurate colour display, I need to know that picture I see on the screen will be the same if I print it or post to social media. My question is, what specs should I look for as there are numerous options on this site, I would actually prefer a 17" laptop as weight doesn't bother me, I prefer performance. My budget is ideally under £1500. What I need to know is what model to look at and what to spec it with.
Many thanks for your time.

Stephen M

Author Level
How quickly do you need it. There is already an AMD laptop available in 15" and hopefully a 17.3" will not be far away. The processing power of AMD, especially for the price, way exceeds the current Intel CPUs, so a wait could well be worthwhile.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would definitely give PCS a call and ask if there are 17.3" AMD options on the horizon. I wouldn't in good conscience recommend a 17" laptop for your uses now with what's available in the 15" sector.

D

Deleted member 94250

I would definitely give PCS a call and ask if there are 17.3" AMD options on the horizon. I wouldn't in good conscience recommend a 17" laptop for your uses now with what's available in the 15" sector.
it sounds as though PCS needs to fix their 17 inch set?