Laptop Stolen - Ordering new one

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
So yeah I bought the most amazing Sony Vaio in September, first thing i'd bought with my own money since starting work and some screwnut broke into my flat and nicked it. Nothing else, just the laptop. Oh and my cheap mouse

I'm over it, time to move on, Laptop gaming is my preference and so I'm just going to try and get a custom one from PCspec. Obviously having just bought a laptop recently i'm on a budget, I'll most likely have to plug this into a monitor which I have because screen is tiny. My last one was a quad-core i3 @ 2.6ghz, is this dual-core below stronger? Also I'm not familiar with mobility Nvidia cards, will this hold it's own? I'm used to playing SC2 on Low/Medium. Advise any changes but I don't want to go over £800 inc vat and this is @ £720 inc mouse etc.

Thanks!

Chassis & Display
Inferno Series: 11.6" Matte HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-3360M (2.80GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery
Inferno Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Carry Case
TARGUS XS 8" - 12" SUB-LAPTOP CASE CNXS1 (£28)
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD
Mouse
Razer® Deathadder Re-Spawn 3500DPI Infrared Gaming Mouse (£48)
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Quantity

Price: £728.00 including VAT and delivery.

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
My last one was a quad-core i3 @ 2.6ghz, is this dual-core below stronger?

There are no i3 Quad Core Intel processors, it must have been a dual core with 4 threads. All mobile Quad Cores have QM designation at the end of the model and a prefix of "i7". ; )

The i5-3360M is a very good middle ground CPU with 2 cores, 4 threads.

Also I'm not familiar with mobility Nvidia cards, will this hold it's own? I'm used to playing SC2 on Low/Medium.

GT 650M is arguably the best middle spec mobile GPU; you'll be able to max out SC2 at that resolution, and probably run it smoothly at 1080p as well. Per the following benchmarks, it is capable of 35-45 FPS in SC 2 on Ultra and 55-60 FPS in Crysis 2 on high settings - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html

Click on +Compare and then on individual FPS readings to get info on the system/settings used.

Advise any changes but I don't want to go over £800 inc vat and this is @ £720 inc mouse etc.

HA! I would get a Quad Core i7-3630QM instead of the mouse. ; )

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
There are no i3 Quad Core Intel processors, it must have been a dual core with 4 threads. All mobile Quad Cores have QM designation at the end of the model and a prefix of "i7". ; )

The i5-3360M is a very good middle ground CPU with 2 cores, 4 threads.

GT 650M is arguably the best middle spec mobile GPU; you'll be able to max out SC2 at that resolution, and probably run it smoothly at 1080p as well. Per the following benchmarks, it is capable of 35-45 FPS in SC 2 on Ultra and 55-60 FPS in Crysis 2 on high settings - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html

Click on +Compare and then on individual FPS readings to get info on the system/settings used.

HA! I would get a Quad Core i7-3630QM instead of the mouse. ; )

Haha must have been 4 threads, cheers. I thought it was weird a quad i3 wasn't on offer! That's really good to hear though mate thanks! I think I'll drop the deathadder in favour of another fireglider to be honest, costs half as much and is just as good. Or drop the mouse completely, get a £5 one and opt for a fast despatch! You know if it got nicked any other time I would only give half a darn, but it's 40 days until LAN! Thanks for your time once again.