Late intro & thank you

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Hi All,

I thought it only right I pop a little introduction here as I continue to lurk around and ask questions on Discord.

Firstly, I am a big gamer at heart. I live with my Mrs and Kids so game time is very limited to circa 8pm > whenever I feel I need to go to bed. As many can probably relate to this could be 10pm, midnight or 3am dependant! I work for an IT company in the Microsoft Operations team. That has been quite new for me as 2 years previous I used to be a roofer! So going from roofing to passing my MS900 and 70-705 (Microsoft exams) in under 2 years has been quite the ride.

VirtualDevil - this name has been with me since my Habbo Hotel days back god knows when, maybe 20+ years ago? a little script kiddie who in hindsight learnt quite a lot about that sort of thing but it didn't stick around much as I matured on to RuneScape - is that really maturing? stuck around there from 2000 - 2005/6 where I let go of PC gaming (some Soldier of Fortune 2 in there, what a game that was) and only recently picked back up a PC thanks to the elite JUNIOR's help, who I can't seem to tag.

My profile pic sort of goes hand in hand with the nature of the gamer tag and I am by no means a dabbler in the dark arts, at least not since I was 10ish and was awarded a blacklisted ISP on Habbo!

Anyway, the main reason for posting this was to thank the countless members that have helped me out. To name a few JUNIOR, Ubuysa, MiBu*, Cameron* - *who I have a sneaky suspicion go by a different alias on here but I'm probably completely barking up the wrong tree there!

I've not only learnt a ton about the right components and combabilities in PC building but also been advised to replace faulty components myself (namely AIO) which deep down I was keen to do, but just needed that push to avoid an RMA and do it myself.

I fully intend on building a PC myself one day, likely for my boy but for now I will be looking to keep my beautiful PCS built in tip top shape and look to upgrade parts on that via PCS as and when needed. Shame they don't upgrade the case, while I understand that's pretty much a whole re-build so I get that. I do love the 465x, but not being able to top mount the AIO with the X570/RAM in the way is definitely one for hindsight.

This turned out a lot longer than expected so apologies, but thanks for having me and I'll keep lurking!

Cheers
John

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Hi All,

I thought it only right I pop a little introduction here as I continue to lurk around and ask questions on Discord.

Firstly, I am a big gamer at heart. I live with my Mrs and Kids so game time is very limited to circa 8pm > whenever I feel I need to go to bed. As many can probably relate to this could be 10pm, midnight or 3am dependant! I work for an IT company in the Microsoft Operations team. That has been quite new for me as 2 years previous I used to be a roofer! So going from roofing to passing my MS900 and 70-705 (Microsoft exams) in under 2 years has been quite the ride.

VirtualDevil - this name has been with me since my Habbo Hotel days back god knows when, maybe 20+ years ago? a little script kiddie who in hindsight learnt quite a lot about that sort of thing but it didn't stick around much as I matured on to RuneScape - is that really maturing? stuck around there from 2000 - 2005/6 where I let go of PC gaming (some Soldier of Fortune 2 in there, what a game that was) and only recently picked back up a PC thanks to the elite JUNIOR's help, who I can't seem to tag.

My profile pic sort of goes hand in hand with the nature of the gamer tag and I am by no means a dabbler in the dark arts, at least not since I was 10ish and was awarded a blacklisted ISP on Habbo!

Anyway, the main reason for posting this was to thank the countless members that have helped me out. To name a few JUNIOR, Ubuysa, MiBu*, Cameron* - *who I have a sneaky suspicion go by a different alias on here but I'm probably completely barking up the wrong tree there!

I've not only learnt a ton about the right components and combabilities in PC building but also been advised to replace faulty components myself (namely AIO) which deep down I was keen to do, but just needed that push to avoid an RMA and do it myself.

I fully intend on building a PC myself one day, likely for my boy but for now I will be looking to keep my beautiful PCS built in tip top shape and look to upgrade parts on that via PCS as and when needed. Shame they don't upgrade the case, while I understand that's pretty much a whole re-build so I get that. I do love the 465x, but not being able to top mount the AIO with the X570/RAM in the way is definitely one for hindsight.

This turned out a lot longer than expected so apologies, but thanks for having me and I'll keep lurking!

Cheers
John
Welcome!
The mere mention of Habbo Hotel sends shivers down my spine 😬 wasn't it a normal rite of passage as a teenager to get barred for life from their servers? 😂

Also, may I ask how you got into roofing and then decided to radically shift to IT? That's quite cool :)
I've always accepted I'm a nerd so never tried to build or make anything DIY related in fear of fire and explosions....

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Welcome!
The mere mention of Habbo Hotel sends shivers down my spine 😬 wasn't it a normal rite of passage as a teenager to get barred for life from their servers? 😂

Also, may I ask how you got into roofing and then decided to radically shift to IT? That's quite cool :)
I've always accepted I'm a nerd so never tried to build or make anything DIY related in fear of fire and explosions....

Absolutely! So I've always picked up computer stuff quite well, I can touch type 100+ words per minute and know my way around the various needs for office use as an example. But growing up I struggled to secure an office role and as such mulled about labouring (this had some great opportunities as I did temporary labour work for a guy whereby we installed temp power and aircon on movie sets and Silverstone for F1/moto gp - every year I had a pit pass which was absolutely unbelievable and was arms length away from the cast of Avengers, really surreal and fortunate to have had those opportunities albeit temporarily)

That being said, that line of work wasn't reliable and I'd get a call the night before, or big jobs like the F1 a few weeks in advance. As such I went into roofing a while after as a friend did flat roofs and knew/did work for a company that did tile roofing who took me on. After a while it was clear there wasn't much pay progression for me there as it was very family run so I took a dive into an office role for a remarkable company, thankfully I had a few people there I knew that could vouch for my character but I'd have to sell my skills which obviously went well and I've been here nearly 2 years now with a great pay increase and stability in my finances. I'm sure my Mrs wouldn't agree after forking out £1700 for a PC, lol!

I seemingly have a tendency to elaborate..

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Absolutely! So I've always picked up computer stuff quite well, I can touch type 100+ words per minute and know my way around the various needs for office use as an example. But growing up I struggled to secure an office role and as such mulled about labouring (this had some great opportunities as I did temporary labour work for a guy whereby we installed temp power and aircon on movie sets and Silverstone for F1/moto gp - every year I had a pit pass which was absolutely unbelievable and was arms length away from the cast of Avengers, really surreal and fortunate to have had those opportunities albeit temporarily)

That being said, that line of work wasn't reliable and I'd get a call the night before, or big jobs like the F1 a few weeks in advance. As such I went into roofing a while after as a friend did flat roofs and knew/did work for a company that did tile roofing who took me on. After a while it was clear there wasn't much pay progression for me there as it was very family run so I took a dive into an office role for a remarkable company, thankfully I had a few people there I knew that could vouch for my character but I'd have to sell my skills which obviously went well and I've been here nearly 2 years now with a great pay increase and stability in my finances. I'm sure my Mrs wouldn't agree after forking out £1700 for a PC, lol!

I seemingly have a tendency to elaborate..
Wow that sounds like some interesting work! :) That's pretty awesome you found somewhere that was willing to give you the opportunity to progress and train, I like those types of companies. It's how I managed to get into my line of work 16 years ago....

Tell your Mrs the gaming pc is an investment 😬 😅 maybe she'll want one too when she sees the pretty lights and fans....😄

My other half is now buying one purely out of jealously because my new PC out performs his :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I used to always want an Alienware PC back in the day, now I'm not that fussed. They still look so cool though :cool:
This will always be the Alienware build that really stood out for me:

c784e6b418e34d50d22595acb53edee8-1200-80.jpg

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Welcome John! It's always great to hear about the person behind the username and to say I'm jealous of the 100+ WPM type speed and opportutities to work at Silverstone would be a pretty big understatement (two very varying things to be jealous of I'm aware 😂 ). It's been great to work with you on your PC spec and chat with you in the Discord. Oh, and I may be untaggable as my username is spelt Juni0r (with a 0) just to make it difficult ;)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi All,

Cheers
John
Welcome man :)

D

Deleted member 41971

Hi All,

Cheers
John

welcome welcome,

I see by your avatar i take it you had nothing to do with the US pipeline shutdown

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Welcome John! It's always great to hear about the person behind the username and to say I'm jealous of the 100+ WPM type speed and opportutities to work at Silverstone would be a pretty big understatement (two very varying things to be jealous of I'm aware 😂 ). It's been great to work with you on your PC spec and chat with you in the Discord. Oh, and I may be untaggable as my username is spelt Juni0r (with a 0) just to make it difficult ;)
A hard man to tag indeed, I tried your name spot on and still didn't pull through! I'd probably thank young me on Runescape for the WPM, you need to be able to tell people how trash they are when you kill them in a heartbeat :ROFLMAO: I did not take for granted the F1 ops, though admittedly I'm the kind of person who enjoys the last few laps rather than the entire build up and weekend.

And we share a birthday, so that reaffirms your top tier status.

welcome welcome,

I see by your avatar i take it you had nothing to do with the US pipeline shutdown
Haha not at all mate, just very fitting for the gamer tag so it's been my go to picture for a few years now. I do enjoy a good read about their endeavours mind you.
Oh and how rude am I? Welcome VIRTUALDEVIL!
Thank you!

As a side note, and on the rare chance new members see this; I see a lot of people getting frustrated quickly, and it's understandable. But everyone here has been incredible, inclusive of PCS. You are all a credit to the PCS name and provide invaluable help and advice.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A hard man to tag indeed, I tried your name spot on and still didn't pull through! I'd probably thank young me on Runescape for the WPM, you need to be able to tell people how trash they are when you kill them in a heartbeat :ROFLMAO: I did not take for granted the F1 ops, though admittedly I'm the kind of person who enjoys the last few laps rather than the entire build up and weekend.

And we share a birthday, so that reaffirms your top tier status.
😂 Amazing! And I thought we might have shared a birthday!