Let`s think about normal price for good pc that will allow you to normal upgrade in f

Concord

I would like to speak about good pc, for good price, that will be good for future upgrade.

Okay, lets think

It should be big normal Case like Coolermaster haf 932 worth 132 ( you wont need to upgrade it in future)

So next one is processor and motherboard

And there is the question. We have 2 choices intel and amd

Intel > AMd by the benchmarks, so lets see with Intel

we need to think about socket . And there`s coming question

1366, 1156. 1366 is latest one, but there wont be anything better then i7 980x, and i doubt it will become cheaper. so adequate will be from 1366 i7 950 . But, there will be Sandy bridge soon, and maybe it is better to w8 for it? But, looking on news about sandy bridge, you can see, that nothing new will be there, it will be like slightly update for existing line of i3 i5 i7, with changes in hyperthreading, boost.
So, nothing new in near future wont be on adequate price. Then we should ask a question, why then take 1366? we can take 1156 socket with i7 870, or even i5 760,
they both not new, so i suggest adequate will be i5 760 (support hyperthreading and boost) cause it will up every game thats now on market, and there isnt any games out for 6 processors yet.
So looking on market, i suggest that Nothing new that will come up, will give huge 2x, or 3x increase for cpu, that imo for now it is adequate to take i5 760, or i7 870 on 1156.

With AMD quite easy, you choose amd 1090t, it s cheap, good, and maybe for future games, when games will use 6 cores, but still it isnt very fast, i tested 1090t and i5 760, and mostly they similar, but i would say i5 760 better.

Thats mean, in future, no matter what socket, or what cpu you will take now, you will need upgrade motherboard and cpu ( why pay now more, if you will be upgrading in 6-8 month ?)

Next step GPU, and it is easy, we have gtx 580, that really good, but imo the price for it really huge, so for that price much better take 2x470, or 2x6870/5850) ofc with sli/crossfire that will give 16x not 4x to second GPU, and the price will be around 400 pounds ( you wont need to upgrade it in future)

Ram , it is easy also, right now for gaming will be enough 4g 1600, or for editing 8g 1333 (in future we can upgrade for 4g more )

PSU , depends what GPU you have, if 1x then 650 max you need, but if you think to upgrade in future then 850 will be better, if you have 2x gpu , then same 850 ( you wont need to upgrade it in future)

HDD. Who told you that boot SSD drive will give boost to your GAMES? can any1 give me test of that? It is huge LIES, so i think that much better to have WD caviar black, and it is better to have 2 hdd, 1st one boot for 640, and second depends on how much you download, 640, or 1tb.. ( you wont need to upgrade it in future) only in case you damage it

Monitor. it should be full hd . I would think about 3d, but i dont like that AMD GPU dont support this 3d vision, so i would say we much w8 for adequate prices for 3d monitors , cause prices will drop in 1st months of 2011 cause AMD promised they solution for 3d moovies and games, that will work with amd and geforce. So i`d say lets w8 couple month and then will be normal price for good 3d
( you wont need to upgrade it in future) Only if you would like to buy 3d monitor

Other things is not important.

Now to the prices i5 760 with 1x 580 will be 1250 pounds inc vat
or 2x 470 1165
And i dont put win 7 inside, cause i think it is not problem to install it, but if you want it just add to the price 85 pounds

With amd will be 1120 with gtx 580
and 1180 with 2x 6870

So i would say that most adequate price/good gaming pc

Would be around 1200 + - 100 for additional things like keyboard/mouse/camera
and + 85 for some1 whoo need win7

I would like to argue with some1 who disagree with me

and i would like ask some1 to correct mine post, cause ENG is my third language :)

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Most of this is about right and i would agree with, barring the following.

1156 is the newer socket.

I would recommend the 950 over the 760 as i prefer the x58 chipset on the socket 1366 boards.

Concord said:
Thats mean, in future, no matter what socket, or what cpu you will take now, you will need upgrade motherboard and cpu ( why pay now more, if you will be upgrading in 6-8 month ?)

This is always true, if it isnt a socket change its something else like lucid or UEFI etc.

I would always recommend one high end card over two mid range. SLI / Crossfire has its issues with games (microstutter etc). Also the upgrade path is better, just add another card later.

PSU, i would not be comfortable running my rig on a 650w, overclocked 920 and GTX 480, 6 hard drives and lots of other bits and bobs not counting the custom water loop / fans / pump etc etc. So some rigs do indeed need more juice.

Gaming monitors should have at least a native resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Concord said:
HDD. Who told you that boot SSD drive will give boost to your GAMES? can any1 give me test of that? It is huge LIES

Who told who?, some games read a lot from the drive, WoW for example and an SSD can be great to improve performance. I dont really need a test, anyone who has ported into Dalaran and can see a lot of mounts running around with no riders because the textures are still reading from the drive can back this up.

What you have spec'd there is a high spec gaming rig, most people can and do manage with lower specs for a lower price.

Concord

I would recommend the 950 over the 760 as i prefer the x58 chipset on the socket 1366 boards.

SSD wont give you any advantages in games, it`s better for databases, but wont give you even 1/5 fps better ot anything else.

i told i5 760 ot i7 870

btw i7 950 better them i7 870 on 1 or 2 % then why pay more? i was speaking about adequate prices.

about PSU you right, but i was talking about 1-2 hdd, 1 dvd/bluray . But as i told it is enough 850, but if you have alot of everything then 1000w +

About the 2 GPU, yes in some point you are right, but i checked with metro 2033 with 2x 470 and 1x580. and i liked 2x470 instead of 1x580 . OFC it is depends on games. In future games will more support 2x gpu.
Thats why i told , that there is choice 1x 580 or 2x 470

about 1366/1156 there wont be any better then cpu then 980x , and it wont become cheaper, so nothing new in next 6 month will be out, that gives you alot of performance, then, why pay more??? 1-3 % better only.

Please explain me if i`m not right :)

and high spec imo will be 980x , 2x 580, 1366 , 1250 w psu, 27 full hd monitor 6g 2000mhz ram

Gorman

Author Level
[video=youtube;47dt-y27eYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dt-y27eYk[/video]

At 1:10 you will see on the HDD section that there are floating shadows where players should be.

In open ended games like wow on the pc there are little to no loading screens, as each object is approached the textures are pulled from the drive.

SSD's do improve performance on these games. Cold hard fact.

Concord said:
btw i7 950 better them i7 870 on 1 or 2 % then why pay more? i was speaking about adequate prices.

Gorman said:

Concord said:
about 1366/1156 there wont be any better then cpu then 980x , and it wont become cheaper, so nothing new in next 6 month will be out, that gives you alot of performance, then, why pay more??? 1-3 % better only.

There will always be something better out to replace the old stuff within 6 months, thats just the way it works. I prefer the architecture of the 1366 chips over 1156.

As far as our general customers and orders go, you spec'd a high spec machine.

Concord

Yes, SSD will load textures faster, but thats only the difference, you start up wow in 20 sec , me in 1 minute, and thats all, nothing more. It will help you only when you load your game. So you pay extra $$$ just to load a game on 20-30 sec faster. Or you think it will affect gameplay ? Why you would recommend 950 instead of 870? what advantages will give 1-2 % ? and 50+ pounds higher price for just cpu, and about the same 50 more for motheboard. so 100pounds price for just 1-2 % performance?

There will always be something better out to replace the old stuff within 6 months, thats just the way it works >>>>>. FULLY agree, but, if to look on future , you can think what is better to upgrade for ? 1366 or 1156 , no point to upgrade for Sandy bridge, cause wont give any booost 2x/4x So we should w8 for 6 month at least, until they will create good socket with good cpu, that will be 2x better then all we have right now.

But i dont think that any more fps will give you 950, instead of 870, or even 760. It could be matter of GPU and Ram, but not such difference between processors. Or i m wrong?

I just want to find best config for gamers pc. That will be best for nowadays. And then you can make prebuild on your page, and it would be great thing :)

Best Regards Concord.

PS sad that only you and me arguin, i want more points of view.

Gorman

Author Level
Yes, SSD will load textures faster, but thats only the difference, you start up wow in 20 sec , me in 1 minute, and thats all, nothing more. It will help you only when you load your game. So you pay extra $$$ just to load a game on 20-30 sec faster. Or you think it will affect gameplay ?

Im talking about games that are constantly loading in real time without a loading screen, for these games it does affect gameplay.

Concord said:
There will always be something better out to replace the old stuff within 6 months, thats just the way it works >>>>>. FULLY agree, but, if to look on future , you can think what is better to upgrade for ? 1366 or 1156 , no point to upgrade for Sandy bridge, cause wont give any booost 2x/4x So we should w8 for 6 month at least, until they will create good socket with good cpu, that will be 2x better then all we have right now.

But i dont think that any more fps will give you 950, instead of 870, or even 760. It could be matter of GPU and Ram, but not such difference between processors. Or i m wrong?

For me there is always something to buy a new mobo for, not least socket changes but chipsets and new features such as lucids hydra tech. So this is a constant thing, sooner or later, usually sooner you are at the end of your upgrade path and have to swap something out to go down another route.

Like with some games and hdd speed affecting performance, some games are heavily CPU dependant (Crysis as an example) where the architecture and clock speed of the CPU will give marked improvements in game performance.

Depends on the game, some games CPU and HDD wont really affect fps, some it really does.

Concord

right now i have such spec

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6Mb Cache -

MotherBoard: Asus P5K-3 Deluxe Wi-Fi -

Ram: 4Gb Patriot G Series (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel -

Graphics Card: 1st XFX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [HD-585X-ZAFV]

Graphics Card: 2nd XFX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [HD-585X-ZAFV]
Case: Coolermaster Scout -

PSU: 580 Watt - Hyper Type-R Modular -

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9300-AT -

Hard Disk 1: 40Gb Corsair Force F40 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Hard Disk 2: 640Gb Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III 64MB Cache

Optical Devices: OEM DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW

Monitor: LG W2286L LED 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor -

And i swear that i can play all games at max(such as metro), with such old pc i have.
I will upgrade it as soon as i can. Cause your Finance group dont cooperate with Selfemployment guys like me, so i need some cash for it , that only after xmass or new year

But still i have 775 socket, 2 cores, 2 xtx 5850. 580 psu and i can play metro 2033, crysis, and what ever game . This cpu is enough.

But... i just want 3d vision kit with ge force 580, that the only 1 reason, why i came here, to buy new pc :)

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I don't understand the point of this thread, do you need help configuring a system or something?

Concord

I don't understand the point of this thread, do you need help configuring a system or something?

I try to build a good gaming pc, with future update, adequate price / good gaming

i came to an conclusion, that there wont be anything extra good in nearly 6 month, so no point to buy 1356 or even w8 Sandy Bridge release, cause wont give you alot of performance, but will cost alot. So why pay extra money for slightly performance? that wont affect your gaming for sure??? In about 6 or more month will be new socket with new cpu, that will give huge increasment in performance, then you ll just upgrade motherboard and cpu, but untill that

adequate will be to buy i 7 870,or even i 5 760 with/or amd 1090t
1 gtx 580, or 2 x 470/6870
1x ssd (if you play online mmoprg) if not then you dont need it
1x 640 WD caviar black
1000 w psu
4 g ram 1600 mhz
22 full hd monitor

I just trying to find out best spec, for nowadays, that will be good for gaming, and good for future update, and also cheap as much as possible.

Lets see your spec and what you think

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
There has to be a point?, lets start deleting half the forum then.... :p
With most threads after reading the first post there's usually a topic of discussion or question etc. but I was left a bit confused after reading this one :(

adequate will be to buy i 7 870,or even i 5 760 with/or amd 1090t
1 gtx 580, or 2 x 470/6870
1x ssd (if you play online mmoprg) if not then you dont need it
1x 640 WD caviar black
1000 w psu
4 g ram 1600 mhz
22 full hd monitor

I just trying to find out best spec, for nowadays, that will be good for gaming, and good for future update, and also cheap as much as possible.

Lets see your spec and what you think

Yes that will be good for gaming (I would change the RAM to 1333mhz though), I've ordered my PC with a Phenom II x4 965 because I didn't feel there was any need to get a faster CPU.

Concord

I think you really didnt understood point.

Point is to create best build price/performance/future upgrades base on future realeses. And also, if we will find best option in this, make on web this Build like "prebuilded systems,next day delivery"

Gorman got it, and we argued about it.

Based on future releases of Sandy bridge and amd Opteron 6132HE/40 i came to conclusion that nothing will be really good, thats why best to buy imo will be i 7 870,or even i 5 760 with/or amd 1090t
and i typed about every part of pc. and what i want from you, is to discuss it, and find best solution, based on your knowledges and future releases( if you read about them)

Grinder

Enthusiast
I am under the impression that 1366 will be the best socket to buy now because it uses faster X58 motherboards (memory and pci express 2x 16)

It also is the safest bet for upgrades because Intel are still making chips for it (i7 990x)

So would be my choice for future proofing.

As for the SSD this is faster when loading next levels in games and booting up windows but wont give you better fps and for me is worth the extra money because its better at what it supposed to do (no one said it will increase fps).

I dont like the hot and power hungry gpu's fron nvidia and think 2 x 6870's are much better and cheaper than 1 X 580 GTX (How much!!!)

I have seen some figures and they are very fast in a lot of games and scale very well :)
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-580-sli-review/6

Last edited: