Life of Pie

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I am from the North and as such, pie is one of the major food groups.

This is a Pie Minister steak and ale, on a bed of mash, topped with mature cheddar cheese and crispy onions. Encircled with garden peas and it was soon joined by a moat of bisto. Because northern boys love gravy 👍

C70468AF-F3C7-461C-B359-FA5B3AEB7FD5.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Pie Minister pies are a delight. I love their chicken and tarragon.
Agreed. Not normally a huge fan of tarragon but it’s not too overpowering in that particular pie. Big shout out to the ‘Moo and Blue’ as well. Steak and blue cheese? Yes please 👍

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's one hell of a breakfast!

I looks lush - and at least you put proper peas with it, not like some reprobates who serve their's with disgusting marrowfat peas.

I also have a love of all of their pies, and strangely the Ruby (butter Chicken) and Wild Mushroom pies are quite popular here.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Marrowfats are epic. Might be a northern thing 🙃
I'm from Liverpool, that's northern to those below me, but maybe you're more northern with your weird love of marrowfat 😤

...or maybe it's my refined palate from eating at top restaurants across Europe on expenses (although I also eat KFC, McD, BK) ;)

Stephen M

Author Level
Tebay is always my stop on the way to Scotland, the Motorway Services there are just as expensive as the others but they differ in the fact much of their food is locally sourced and edible.

Not been for a few years but used to love their Cumberland Sausage, which encircled a large dinner plate with mash and peas of choice in the middle.

We now have a similar service station at Gloucester, which is a good help for locals, they do not buy from there but a few farming friends provide stuff for it.

MrWilson

Godlike
Poor lass, that’s unlucky for her.

(Preston is the closest town to my home city, Lancaster. It’s an unwritten rule that we make fun of it and it’s residents at every opportunity)
I've got a classic tale about my first time in Preston as a wee 17 year old lad, although I feel it might be best told around a campfire with a drink in hand. Also sadly did not involve pies so might have to talk about it elsewhere...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've got a classic tale about my first time in Preston as a wee 17 year old lad, although I feel it might be best told around a campfire with a drink in hand. Also sadly did not involve pies so might have to talk about it elsewhere...
I feel a group message is with all the usual suspects is required if it’s not suitable for the main forum...