Liquid cooling

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Morning everyone,
What is the actual difference in terms of performance between LIQUID SERIES RGB HIGH KIT - CORSAIR HYDRO X and LIQUID SERIES RGB HIGH KIT ? I checked the additional information but it just shows info on what the kit contains.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Is it not possible to add a 2nd GPU? Trying different combinations under the liquid cooling section and it doesn’t allow me to add a 2nd GPU.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
SLI isn't really a thing anymore so 2nd GPU's aren't an option, other than the 3090. The 3090 would be for rendering and the like, where you can scale the GPUs.

steaky360

@keynes Sorry... I've not much to add to your thread, but still Hello! long time no see etc. :) Welcome back :D

Further to what @Scott noted above, SLi (now nvlink) simply isn't a thing anymore for gaming - if you're doing 'other' things (where nvlink might be used) then probably a 3090 or potentially even a Quadro type card is more appropriate for your uses.

The only Geforce card which offers nvlink is the 3090 and nvidia won't be updating their gameready drivers supporting dual-GPU setups anymore and there is an ever diminishing list of games which support it.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Well currently have 2 x 1080ti , is it worth the upgrade to a 3090? 2k/4K monitors.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If it's for production work then definitely. If its for gaming then the 3080 would do a better job for the outlay imo.

If you wanted to splash out and you don't mind the wait then the 3080 Strix would be a fine choice. Just check lengths as the cards can be quite long 😁

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it's for production work then definitely. If its for gaming then the 3080 would do a better job for the outlay imo.

If you wanted to splash out and you don't mind the wait then the 3080 Strix would be a fine choice. Just check lengths as the cards can be quite long 😁
Production work? :)
Most taxing application is Zoom and a few PDF. Mostly gaming.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Allo allo @keynes, long time no see!

Nothing to add, just wanted to say a big hi, really good to see you :)

If you're looking to upgrade the monitor/s, and it's for gaming, the Samsung G9 paired with either 3080 or 3090 would be a storming option, it's quite frankly the be all and end all for gaming and productivity IMHO.

I had my eye on that same monitor but don’t think it will fit In my office. Currently a predator X34 (i think?)
9B24F5DA-DE9E-4836-BE1B-6B087EB2A0DA.jpeg