Local Delicacies

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
come on @AgentCooper , its a well known Preston chippy

Jesus, I’ve never eaten in Preston, have you seen the locals?

Although I suppose that at least you can say it’s not been touched by human hands…

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
She’s a lucky, lucky woman.

808D043D-C5C7-44AC-A54C-DD0D069F015D.jpeg

*Picture is not 100% accurate. A man from Preston would never be drinking red wine unless all his favourite alcopops or a pint of mild were unavailable and it’s highly unlikely that he’d be wearing a shirt. To be honest, even using a bowl to eat from may be a little far-fetched.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
"Northerner" is a relative term. I once heard a woman calling a guy "a northerner" and she intended it as an insult. They guy was furious, "I'm from London!" he screamed. "I'm from Hastings" she calmly replied......
Being born and raised in Southampton, I always reckoned the North began at Winchester, the West at Bournemouth and the East at Fareham. If you think that is parochial, you should come to Aberdeen. Some ex-colleagues would start to bleed from their eyes and ears if they travelled south of the Dee or north of the Don.

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
Living in Stockport & having relatives in other parts of the country means I'm fairly clued up about where the regions start & end.

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
At one of my old jobs someone used to go on about having a pie butty, where you put a squashed down meat pie in a barm & eat it.

Once I had had pie & chips for lunch & bought a barm just to make one out of curiosity. It was OK if a bit dry because of all the carbs from the crust plus bread.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yes I forgot to buy any, probably deliberately because we weren't allowed to eat hot food in the office except on Fridays when the boss wasn't in & we could get away with it unless any smells lingered.
I hate your boss! Unless people were regularly having tuna and hot egg, that’s a pretty unfair ruling