Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did see a post early this morning and thought that the style of writing looked similar... please god don't let it be true...

Hopefully it's just my imagination playing tricks...
I’m not prepared for such events! I’ll get the armour and horse out tonight just in case. Think I’ll need Clouds Buster Sword for such an occasion!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Not quite a thing to watch sorry, but I am a real saddo that loves his TV - so much so, that I use an app to add my TV series to so I can tick off what I have watched so i dont miss anything LOL. Still got some old classics to get through like Breaking Bad - watched series 1 never got round to the rest yet.

Its called TV Club - on the iPhone.

Does anyone know if there is a similar app for films? I see trailers and think, i must really get round to watching that, then 6 months later when its likely to be on Sky etc, I've forgotten what it was called LOL :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not quite a thing to watch sorry, but I am a real saddo that loves his TV - so much so, that I use an app to add my TV series to so I can tick off what I have watched so i dont miss anything LOL. Still got some old classics to get through like Breaking Bad - watched series 1 never got round to the rest yet.

Its called TV Club - on the iPhone.

Does anyone know if there is a similar app for films? I see trailers and think, i must really get round to watching that, then 6 months later when its likely to be on Sky etc, I've forgotten what it was called LOL :D
Ooooo, you're in for a treat with Breaking Bad.... first season is a little bit of a trudge but my word, it escalates pretty incredibly from there in... amazing show!

Not aware of apps for that I'm afraid, good idea though.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ooooo, you're in for a treat with Breaking Bad.... first season is a little bit of a trudge but my word, it escalates pretty incredibly from there in... amazing show!

Totally agree, that first season was a bit of a struggle. But it reaches greatness right at the start of season two and is consistently awesome through to the end.

Going back some, also The Wire and The Sopranos and Oz. All brilliant.

Seasons 2 and 5 of 24 also have a soft spot in my heart.

Bhuna50

Author Level

Good - I really liked series 1, so guess i will love the rest then.

Currently I've spent 21,023 hours watching my shows apparently LOL. Still got plenty more left to watch as well on this app list. 193 different shows...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Totally agree, that first season was a bit of a struggle. But it reaches greatness right at the start of season two and is consistently awesome through to the end.

Going back some, also The Wire and The Sopranos and Oz. All brilliant.

Seasons 2 and 5 of 24 also have a soft spot in my heart.
I’ve got the wire and Oz ready to plough through. Never seen either :eek:

Bhuna50

Author Level
I think season 5 of Breaking Bad is some of the best TV I've ever witnessed. I remember at the time being absolutely enthralled by every episode.
thats it now - first job when laptop comes, binge watch the remaining series...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
thats it now - first job when laptop comes, binge watch the remaining series...
I would give a few episodes of season 4 a go first, just for a refresher. It's intense all the way through so you need to be in the groove for it :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
I would give a few episodes of season 4 a go first, just for a refresher. It's intense all the way through so you need to be in the groove for it :D
LOL - only watched series 1 so far :D just never got around to watching any more as I watch too many other things LOL...but with so many comments on this, its going up my priority list.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
When you wrote remaining series, I thought you meant the last one... rather than the series's :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
LOL - only watched series 1 so far :D just never got around to watching any more as I watch too many other things LOL...but with so many comments on this, its going up my priority list.
I watched some of the first season, have to see where i can find it to watch, season 1 & 2 are just under a tenner each on amazon prime

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
But she's seen as being an awful actress who can't act so anything would be considered an improvement ;) I just can't watch anything she's in (I tolerate her in the Transformers movies as I love Transformers)
I grew up loving Transformers but I just couldn’t get on with the movies (the animated one from 1986 is awesome, though).

Let’s face it, Michael Bay has only made three good movies. Bad Boys 1&2 and The Rock.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Really? Man On Fire? 😮

I'm with you there, that film would've been so different. Instead of a homemade grenade up that guy's butt there'd have been a tactical nuke!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So... I’ve just started watching The Boys with Mrs Cooper.

And we have an incredible problem with Karl Urban’s supposedly English accent. Does it get better as the series go on? Because at the moment we’re both about ready to jam knives into our ears.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So... I’ve just started watching The Boys with Mrs Cooper.

And we have an incredible problem with Karl Urban’s supposedly English accent. Does it get better as the series go on? Because at the moment we’re both about ready to jam knives into our ears.

No, as a matter of fact.... I think it gets worse. I think he gives up trying, either that or I just went deaf to it.

It's worth sticking with, honest.