Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I watched this last night, I agree with the critics

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I watched this last night, I agree with the critics

Man I've seen a couple of recent Bruce willis efforts amd they've been tragically bad, like just plain awful.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
FOUNDATION is available on Apple TV+ if anyone subscribes to that 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Considering the first reviews made a point of the slow pace, I found it moved on a lot faster than the books. It's not exactly the same story, some bits are fleshed out more, others are trimmed to fit the format better.

Two episodes in and I can't wait for Friday for Ep.3...will fill my Final Space gap.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
FOUNDATION is available on Apple TV+ if anyone subscribes to that 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Considering the first reviews made a point of the slow pace, I found it moved on a lot faster than the books. It's not exactly the same story, some bits are fleshed out more, others are trimmed to fit the format better.

Two episodes in and I can't wait for Friday for Ep.3...will fill my Final Space gap.
I've been waiting for this!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes, the new one is out (in France, since 2 weeks)
And i was talking about the new one

my sis said it was a cinema lesson, and she was right i think

(even if i liked the Lynch one too, but it's one of my "childhood movie")

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh man please don't spoil Dune, I'm need it in my life so bad. Hate that there was a delayed US/UK release

I've read the books so not really much that can be spoiled but I don't want to hear anything about how the film was :ROFLMAO:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You will love the movie !
(But, be aware that the movie is just the first part of the book)

If i can give you an advice, don't do the same mistake as me, so DON'T try to find anything related to the Lynch movie.

Now, i have to go watch the Villeneuve movie again :D

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you like Korean/Japanese/Brazilian twisted games (Battle Royale, Alice in Borderland, Sweet Home, 3%, etc.), then the Squid Games is the latest of this genre on Netflix.

Watched it all over 2 nights, and you can see some of the twists coming a mile off - but there is a bit of nice background in there too.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Am watching good old Dredd, don't think I've seen it since it was released, it's better than I remembered.
Really like that film, was much better than I was expecting. Karl Urban has the classic downturned Dredd mouth on point.

I also only recently discovered that Gavin Free (of The Slow Mo Guys / Rooster Teeth) did a lot of work on the film… which makes perfect sense given some of the drug scenes.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Dredd 2012 I thought was fantastic. Really under-rated movie. I was really surprised they didn't take it further.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Am watching good old Dredd, don't think I've seen it since it was released, it's better than I remembered.
Dredd 2012 I thought was fantastic. Really under-rated movie. I was really surprised they didn't take it further.
Do you remember the Stallone Dredd movie? I seem to recall it being phenomenally awful. I wonder if it warrants a rewatch to see how it’s aged?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Was it really only 2012? I thought it was a lot earlier than that. That was in my dark days, all the years seemed to roll into one mushy black Monday.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Do you remember the Stallone Dredd movie? I seem to recall it being phenomenally awful. I wonder if it warrants a rewatch to see how it’s aged?

Indeed. I was hoping that wasn't the one you were both referring to :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: