Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Not since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins have I heard such crimes committed against the East End of London accent.
As a Scouser, I'm well aware of crimes against accents - arguably the Scouse accent itself is a crime, but that's another discussion. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I've met anybody who can do a decent Scouse accent who is not local to these parts... 🤔

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As a Scouser, I'm well aware of crimes against accents - arguably the Scouse accent itself is a crime, but that's another discussion. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I've met anybody who can do a decent Scouse accent who is not local to these parts... 🤔
Due to growing up in the North West and having connections there I do a half decent one, and I can even do the posh Liverpool (Wirral) accent :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
Must admit out of all the swear words, and I use a lot, the C word is one I dont like. However, I can say I watched The Boys and enjoyed it as cant say I noticed it too much as the series went on.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Must admit out of all the swear words, and I use a lot, the C word is one I dont like. However, I can say I watched The Boys and enjoyed it as cant say I noticed it too much as the series went on.
You were probably desensitised to it by the end :D

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
My favourite accent to mangle was Welsh....I spent the best part of 12 years living in and near Cardiff. In all that time, I managed the Welsh accent perfectly exactly once...and it wasn't even on purpose. Was at my Grandparents' and we were watching Bowls (don't get me started...they liked watching it), England V Wales (they supporting England, me Wales) when one of the Welsh competitiors scored an excellent bowl and my shout of "Come Onnnnnn!" was in a perfect accent. Never could manage it again :ROFLMAO:
Same here. My accent starts off in Swansea but by the end of the sentence it seems to drift over to New Delhi.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Star Trek Discovery: Worth a watch, especially now as no clue where they are going with it due to the events of Season 2

Have you seen any of series 3 yet.? All I will say from what I have seen, I dont think its lost anything from where they have taken it to.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Not actually released yet (17th December on CBS ALl Access) but I am looking forward to the remake of Stephen King's The Stand, even though it's only 9 episodes
Oooooh , thanks for giving me a heads-up on that! I loved the mini-series from 1994!

Bhuna50

Author Level
I have watched all the epsisodes so far....still not sure to be honest. I was a bit dubious about Season 3...until I saw Oded Fehr in it playing the Admiral...he's a favourite of mine so my interest increased. Will have to see how the season pans out.

It will be interesting to see how they continue this though as a science vessel that is now technically out of date with everything except one thing....but Ive still found the episodes good.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
One thing I've enjoyed watching during lockdown are all of The Big Bang Theory again.
Yes, perfect times to do a re-watch of an old favourite! During the first lockdown we went through all of Parks and Recreation again. I made sure to have a glass of Lagavulin with every episode as a tribute to the legend that is Ron Swanson.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Watching the expanse on Amazon Prime Video at the moment

I've got that lined up, looks rather good.

This is a comedy drama, don't embark on it if you're not up to an emotional rollercoaster.

This is Us:

It reminds me of the film "Magnolia" with Tom Cruise in the way it's constructed, it's very cleverly done, and really strong characters. Definitely worth a watch.