Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But for me, I think the show has just got better and better as time has gone on. It’s evolved, it’s no longer ridiculous storylines with disgusting humour and shock jokes. It’s become ridiculous storylines with disgusting humour, shock jokes and a startlingly accurate withering social commentary on the state of the world.

I think Randy’s giant poo will always be my favourite episode, though.
I entirely agree, I think the last few series where it became a progressive story week to week was so so clever and so incredibly current, absolute genius.

The episode that still gets me is the World of Warcraft one, I thought that was so cleverly done, and I watched it with my nephews and they utterly wet themselves.

"This is the END OF THE WORLD...... of warcraft"

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I entirely agree, I think the last few series where it became a progressive story week to week was so so clever and so incredibly current, absolute genius.

The episode that still gets me is the World of Warcraft one, I thought that was so cleverly done, and I watched it with my nephews and they utterly wet themselves.

"This is the END OF THE WORLD...... of warcraft"
4D9AA182-362B-4B99-8691-DDECB45AF326.jpeg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've watched every single episode and movie the South Park dudes made and they are brilliant. Baseketball was a bit out there but hey I still liked it

South Park is perfect though

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
We just watched Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shining. Really enjoyable. I won’t spoil anything but certain bits of casting are incredible and some scenes are a faithful nod to the original. It’s on Prime if you fancy giving it a viewing 👍

Bhuna50

Author Level
I don’t know if there are any CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fans out there, followed by the CSI Miami, Cyber and New York spin-offs but I didn’t realise until about half hour ago that back in October CBS have restarted CSI but under the title CSI: Vegas now.

First episode stars some old favourites Brass, Sarah Sidle, Grissom apparently.

Anyone know if UK TV has it at all yet or plans to? I believe Sky Witness used to show a lot of the series.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I have no clue how I've not seen this over the years but it popped up on Netflix, one look at the cast/plot and it was on. It's a school night and I'm not even going to stop watching:

A Time to Kill

As a Father, I'm behind the premise entirely as it's something I've said for as long as I have been one. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

The cast though, oh my! It's not very often you see an ensemble like this. Clearly got the names together at the right time in their careers to be able to afford them all.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no clue how I've not seen this over the years but it popped up on Netflix, one look at the cast/plot and it was on. It's a school night and I'm not even going to stop watching:

A Time to Kill

As a Father, I'm behind the premise entirely as it's something I've said for as long as I have been one. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

The cast though, oh my! It's not very often you see an ensemble like this. Clearly got the names together at the right time in their careers to be able to afford them all.
That's an amazing film, and was very hard hitting at the time in the deep south in the US.

And as you say, what a cast!

I need to watch that again.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's an amazing film, and was very hard hitting at the time in the deep south in the US.

And as you say, what a cast!

I need to watch that again.

It feels backward now but I can totally imagine how that was received at the time.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
We’re about halfway through Red Notice with Ryan Reynolds, The Rock and Gal Gadot on Netflix. It’s been thoroughly good fun so far, well worth a watch if you’re after some big dumb action 👍

Bhuna50

Author Level
Just watched the following two movies, which I quite enjoyed - the odd bit of humour / typical zombie appocalypse theme etc:

Army of the Dead
followed by
Army of Thieves (prequel to Army of the Dead)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just watched the following two movies, which I quite enjoyed - the odd bit of humour / typical zombie appocalypse theme etc:

Army of the Dead
followed by
I was a bit disappointed by Army of the Dead but I’d just come straight off the back of watching Black Summer. So after having just witnessed the best zombie thing in years the movie struggled to win me over.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Added Black Summer to my list :D
Hang on, have you not already seen it? We discussed it a few months ago in this very thread…

FFE58536-C30D-41E4-86E0-825BA13A468C.jpeg

But you should watch it again, regardless. I picked up a few things I’d not previously noticed on my second viewing of the second season 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Army of the Dead
followed by
I was a bit disappointed by Army of the Dead but I’d just come straight off the back of watching Black Summer. So after having just witnessed the best zombie thing in years the movie struggled to win me over.
Got all of these coming through the pipeline, much thankness (y)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Ah yes - the series - thought it was a film to watch as well when you mentioned about it as we were talking films :D - yes its ticked off on my series list :D

Now crossed off my films list :D LOL (a text file on my iphone)