Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyone started watching Dexter: New Beginnings?
No, not yet, got it lined up but currently on the last few episodes of 9 series of Seinfeld.

Just now watching Constantine for the millionth time, never gets old.

Add Keanu to my list of Man-Crushes.

I never realised with Keanu, but he had a very challenging upbringing. What I love about Keanu is if you review his film career, even though he's without doubt an A Lister, he's done some very far out films that no one in their right minds would have touched for fear of damaging their next chances. But if anything I think that's what's added to his catalogues strength. By all accounts, he's not a very good actor, he's quite forced, not particularly natural, but it's the scripts he picks that are consistently top notch.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Keanu is my no.1 celebrity. I don't think there's a better high profile human being on the planet. The guy is so grounded. He rides the subway, doesn't bother with branding or anything like that. He is incredibly generous and when he does well, he always makes sure those around him do well. I've read loads of stories on the guy, he's had a really crappy hand in life but he just lifts himself up and goes about his business. First class human right there.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Keanu is my no.1 celebrity. I don't think there's a better high profile human being on the planet. The guy is so grounded. He rides the subway, doesn't bother with branding or anything like that. He is incredibly generous and when he does well, he always makes sure those around him do well. I've read loads of stories on the guy, he's had a really crappy hand in life but he just lifts himself up and goes about his business. First class human right there.
I've been watching a few interviews with him and as you say, he's incredibly down to earth given his status. Very un Hollywood

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
An annual staple, and one of the best films ever made.

It's a Wonderful Life.

Currently on Film 4

Edit: Bawling like a baby as always!

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Enjoyed this film last night on Netlfix:

6 Underground

Great action opening scenes introducing the characters, tailed off a small bit but then improved again - although will admit I missed last 20 minutes as I was knackered and fell asleep but now watching it again from the start :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bit of fun, came out in 2018

Blockers

It's a coming of age film, but just as much about the Parents as the kids, it's pretty funny.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Enjoyed this film last night on Netlfix:

6 Underground

Great action opening scenes introducing the characters, tailed off a small bit but then improved again - although will admit I missed last 20 minutes as I was knackered and fell asleep but now watching it again from the start :D
Don't know how Ryan Reynolds has the time to do so many films :LOL:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve just viewed the first episode of the second season of The Witcher. Very much a slow burner to get you back into the story but the last ten minutes are action packed. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

For anyone still awake and looking for a good film to watch, the excellent Moon has just started on GREAT!Movies, freeview 302 👍

SiAdams

Currently watching a series on Netflix based on the true events that occurred in Salisbury in 2018. The nerve agent attacks. I never knew the details. I would highly recommend although not sure how accurate the story is.

MrWilson

Godlike
Watched Spiderman NWH yesterday and I have to say it was worth the hype.
Great nostalgia trip seeing the Raimi and TASM villains return, I thought that Willem Defoe and Alfred Molina were outstanding, especially when they were reprising roles from around 2 decades prior. Strong performances from Holland, Zendaya and Cumberbatch as well.
Won't say too much more to avoid spoilers, but would highly recommend it if you're able to head to the cinema. I will definitely be rewatching when it gets re-released On Demand (although unlike other recent Disney ventures I may be waiting patiently for Sky Movies or Netflix to have it available).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
For anyone still awake and looking for a good film to watch, the excellent Moon has just started on GREAT!Movies, freeview 302 👍
I've never even heard of that. Looking at the cast I've no idea how I missed that one.

Can't watch it right now but I'll deffo check it out :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've never even heard of that. Looking at the cast I've no idea how I missed that one.

Can't watch it right now but I'll deffo check it out :)
It’s a belter, please don’t read up on it and go in blind. You’ll enjoy it all that much more.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watching Wrath of Man right now, it's worth a watch too although a very different vein. Good to watch blind also though.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Watching Wrath of Man right now, it's worth a watch too although a very different vein. Good to watch blind also though.
Jason Statham and Guy Ritchie reunited? What’s not to like? Plot-wise, it’s got a few holes but it’s a very watchable movie with some cracking action sequences 👍