Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

steaky360

I've really enjoyed killing eve up to now, not seen any of the new/final season yet though so no spoilers :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
I did find it slow but I’ve a feeling it will get better.

I watched The Invisible Man (2020) and have to say very impressed with the film.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Has anyone watched the Korean series Sisyphus: The Myth on Netflix?

I’m ten episodes in and quite enjoying this. (Yep no sleep with a Covid cough again LOL).

Without giving it away, the description is:

Sisyphus: The Myth is a fantasy-mystery drama that follows Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Tae Sool's savior Kang Seo Hae, who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

Admittedly I got lost on one episode as I was working whilst watching it so it’s one you may need to concentrate on at times.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I watched Archive 81 and thought it was pretty good, me and @SpyderTracks seem to gel a fair bit on the shows we enjoy so I'd say check this one out mate

Fair warning it's definitely a show of two halfs, I found the first half interesting but a little frustrating and couldn't understand the character motivations too much but the second half of the show I found really really well done. Feels like they had a really good second half written but couldn't quite figure out a way to get there so it feels a little ham fisted in the beginning. Worth it though, I think you'll appreciate the vibe

steaky360

I watched Archive 81 and thought it was pretty good, me and @SpyderTracks seem to gel a fair bit on the shows we enjoy so I'd say check this one out mate

Fair warning it's definitely a show of two halfs, I found the first half interesting but a little frustrating and couldn't understand the character motivations too much but the second half of the show I found really really well done. Feels like they had a really good second half written but couldn't quite figure out a way to get there so it feels a little ham fisted in the beginning. Worth it though, I think you'll appreciate the vibe
I'll have to get back to Archive 81, I stopped after the first couple of episodes as it was a bit.. odd... good to know the second part picks up!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone watched the new Nick Cage film called "Pig"?

I've heard exceptional things, they're saying it's a return to the Con Air and The Rock days.

And the premise just tickles me inside:

A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped.

People stole me pig, so I snuffed em. Genius!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone watched the new Nick Cage film called "Pig"?

I've heard exceptional things, they're saying it's a return to the Con Air and The Rock days.

A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped.

Excellent, that’s going on the list. I forgot to mention that Mrs C and I recently watched Nic Cage in what is essentially a live action Five Nights at Freddie’s movie, the bizarre Willy’s Wonderland. If it appears on your streaming app of choice, it’s worth the hour and a half of your life it’ll take up 👍

steaky360

Excellent, that’s going on the list. I forgot to mention that Mrs C and I recently watched Nic Cage in what is essentially a live action Five Nights at Freddie’s movie, the bizarre Willy’s Wonderland. If it appears on your streaming app of choice, it’s worth the hour and a half of your life it’ll take up 👍
Willy's wonderland is epic, genuinely a good film to watch!

I'm yet to see Pig but its on the 'to watch' list - I've heard mixed reviews but the consensus from friends who've seen it is that given the right story it demonstrates that Nic Cage can act.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Dude just watch any Nic Cage film he makes about 30 a year and they're all absolutely bizarre. You never know what you're going to get but I always walk away entertained at the end

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I thought that too, then I watched Prisoners of Ghostland... what a pile of rubbish that film was :D
Yeah there's bound to be duds when you make as many as he does, these are the ones I particularly enjoyed

Willys Wonderland - is fun as hell, Evil Dead.... but with animatronics
Pig - is basically john wick with a pig and less martial arts
Colour of of Space - Lovecraftian awesome. So weird I loved it and Nic at his fullest Nic
Into the Spiderverse - I don't think I need to explain how brilliant this one was
Mandy - just watch it, it's very good
Joe - Rare dramatic role that I actually enjoyed

MY GOD just looking at his IMDB is kind of a task in itself there are just so many films

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah there's bound to be duds when you make as many as he does, these are the ones I particularly enjoyed

Willys Wonderland - is fun as hell, Evil Dead.... but with animatronics
Pig - is basically john wick with a pig and less martial arts
Colour of of Space - Lovecraftian awesome. So weird I loved it and Nic at his fullest Nic
Into the Spiderverse - I don't think I need to explain how brilliant this one was
Mandy - just watch it, it's very good
Joe - Rare dramatic role that I actually enjoyed

MY GOD just looking at his IMDB is kind of a task in itself there are just so many films
Grabbing Colour Out Of Space, looks really interesting also.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looking forward to this:

2bd3136421c7be6ad63832d97d7d5534.gif

So do I :D