Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

polycrac

Rising Star
I've just watched 'Clark', a Netflix series about the Stockholm syndrome guy. Not at all what I was expecting but really great. More of a funny take on an amazing life than a historically detailed biography. Would recommend.

Aza

Rising Star
We’re just starting episode four. There are seriously creepy vibes this season. Whilst the first few series channeled 80s vibes such as E.T and The Goonies, this one is more Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser.

Hold me.

Now I have to wait until July for the second half of the series :(

Definitely more spooky/scary than previous series, nice that its kinda rounded off the back story a little (I started to feel it coming though in last few episodes). And the Kate Bush "revival" thats happening on twitter due to the soundtrack for the show is quite funny lol.

Athough running up that hill is iconic anyway....

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
3 Episodes in to Stranger Things, I really like the dark elements but I also feel like there's an awful lot of filler. The episodes did not need to be over an hour long each

I'm getting vibes off some of the story lines that they'll just get completely dropped and then never spoke of again as if they didn't happen like Eleven's fun jaunt with the goth kids in the previous season

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Watched Geralds Game last night. Really enjoyed it, great adaption of a Stephen King novel, one that they said couldn't be done. Excellent performances all round (there are only really 2 of note).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
S'not a lockdown watch, aka in-da-hoose, but Top Gun Maverick really has to be seen by everyone IMO. For some it'll be a good movie but for most, like me, it'll be absolutely phenomenal.

It's been completely knocked out the park. It does everything that Top Gun did well, only better. It's some of the most stunning action cinematography I've ever seen. Some of the flight scenes are exhilarating and all the in-cockpit filming is done live.... in the actual jets... you can absolutely tell and you feel like you're along for the ride at times.

I can't speak highly enough about it, it's everything any Top Gun fan could possibly ask for.

Aza

Rising Star
Just found Fear Street on Netflix...kinda a hack and slash horror movie with a touch of occult thrown in.
Its in three parts, im halfway through part 2 (its pretty gruesome)

Im beginning to wonder if i'll watch anything these days....

Aza

Rising Star
Weekly release, rather than the whole series, there are 3 episodes up (New episodes on Fridays).

I'll warn you now, opening scenes for the series are going to make most men very squimish...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Weekly release, rather than the whole series, there are 3 episodes up (New episodes on Fridays).

I'll warn you now, opening scenes for the series are going to make most men very squimish...
I've had a quick look at one of the trailers, looking real promising.....................

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I loved Fear Street. It was reasonably well made, knew exactly what it wanted to be and I got to watch it with my Eldest, who loves horror, without worrying too much about the content.

It felt like an adult version of stranger things.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I loved Fear Street. It was reasonably well made, knew exactly what it wanted to be and I got to watch it with my Eldest, who loves horror, without worrying too much about the content.

It felt like an adult version of stranger things.
Second part was particularly good

Aza

Rising Star
Im going to attempt to watch "The Conjuring"... tried last night but stopped 5 mins in when he went into the basement.... I dont know what it is, but im more scared by dark spaces than if there were a flesheating monster actively sucking someones brains out...

Ive never seen it before, but apparently this is where the stuff with the Annabelle haunted doll all comes from...and based on a true story...

...Perhaps I should wait until im not the only one in the house...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Im going to attempt to watch "The Conjuring"... tried last night but stopped 5 mins in when he went into the basement.... I dont know what it is, but im more scared by dark spaces than if there were a flesheating monster actively sucking someones brains out...

Ive never seen it before, but apparently this is where the stuff with the Annabelle haunted doll all comes from...and based on a true story...

...Perhaps I should wait until im not the only one in the house...
It's a decent film I thought, came from a slightly different angle compared to most films of it's genre. Definitely worth watching.