Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Aza

Rising Star
....erm? why not just hide it behind a spoiler tab? or at least do me the courtesy of messaging me to change it first rather than just deleting something that was a direct answer to another post.

That just feels rude.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
....erm? why not just hide it behind a spoiler tab? or at least do me the courtesy of messaging me to change it first rather than just deleting something that was a direct answer to another post.

That just feels rude.
You need to put it in a spoiler tag first with any spoiler, common forum rules.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

That just feels rude.
Time is of the essence when it comes to spoilers. Shutter Island was ruined for me with just a brief glimpse of the interwebs.

Whilst it wasn’t me that deleted the post, I am compelled to say that forum users aren’t owed any courtesies. Moderators do their bit as they see appropriate. And moderators are admonished by the PCS admin team if their actions aren’t deemed correct. We are all subject to review here.

If you feel the actions taken against you were inappropriate, you can always contact the admins for said content to be reviewed.

Aza

Rising Star
Anyone into True Crime type stuff?
Theres quite a few documentary type stuff on Netflix, people have probably heard of Dont F*** with Cats which became quite famous (not an easy watch at times though with the animal abuse) but one that I really liked/found interesting was Crime Scene - The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel.

The Cecil Hotel is infamous for a variety of reasons, strong links to occult going ons and serial killers.... it was even a tourist destination for a lot of travellers with just how many stories of ghosts, demons, murders and god knows what else, Several TV series have used it as inspiration for storylines (American Horror Story did an entire series based around it).

Its closed and reopened over the years, and I think its now a set of flats...

Theres also another true crime documentary on netflix called The Staircase, which was full of twists, and had been made into a TV series on HBO thats about 7 or 8 episodes in atm...

And if you havent seen Only Murders in the Building, worth a watch, its a comedy-mystery tv series so far more light hearted but in that True Crime vein in how its been put together and I think its been cleared for a second series..
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12851524/ Really enjoyed it

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Mentioned a film to Mrs C today and she’d never heard of it so I immediately demanded that we drop everything and watch it there and then. The magnificent Dead Man’s Shoes.

Directed by Shane Meadows and with an absolute powerhouse of a lead performance from Paddy Considine, if you’ve not seen it I’d thoroughly recommend getting straight on it.

View attachment 32841
Mentioned this movie a couple of months ago and have just seen that it’s on Film4 tonight at 11.40pm. If you’re up and about at that time it is well worth tuning in.

I will no doubt be awake and wrist deep in baby dung so it’ll get another viewing from me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dirty Dancing is on 5 right now, you're missing out!

This is jokes, I of course only mention this as Roadhouse is on next :cool:
You know the band with the blind singer dude in the film, I never realised that he's an actual Canadian musician that took a bit part role in the film, Jeff Healey, he's pretty huge in the Blues and Jazz world. Unfortunately he died in 2008 from lung cancer.

He's got an incredible voice though, must check out some of his stuff.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You know the band with the blind singer dude in the film, I never realised that he's an actual Canadian musician that took a bit part role in the film, Jeff Healey, he's pretty huge in the Blues and Jazz world. Unfortunately he died in 2008 from lung cancer.

He's got an incredible voice though, must check out some of his stuff.

Indeed, same with the group at the very beginning of the movie. I recognised the lead straight away as being the lead singer in From Dusk Till Dawn's band in the ahem.... twister pub. I don't think its the entire group, if I remember right, but it's definitely the same lead.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Indeed, same with the group at the very beginning of the movie. I recognised the lead straight away as being the lead singer in From Dusk Till Dawn's band in the ahem.... twister pub. I don't think its the entire group, if I remember right, but it's definitely the same lead.
Oh wow, totally missed that, great spot 👍

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I always felt that groups/bands/up-and-coming-talent was well utilised in the 80s and 90s in TV and film. It was a very special time for music and as much as it's often scoffed at, through being OTT or cheesy, it just keeps coming back and reminding people how good it was.

Kate Bush hit the top 10 in the US for the first time ever recently, after Running up that hill was re-showcased on Stranger Things.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I always felt that groups/bands/up-and-coming-talent was well utilised in the 80s and 90s in TV and film. It was a very special time for music and as much as it's often scoffed at, through being OTT or cheesy, it just keeps coming back and reminding people how good it was.

Kate Bush hit the top 10 in the US for the first time ever recently, after Running up that hill was re-showcased on Stranger Things.
It's unfortunately a generation of music I very much ridiculed until relatively recently actually, it's funny how your tastes mature as you get older. I suffered greatly with having to appear "cool" when I was younger and that led to blanket areas of life that were "cheesy" or something like that.

But since I've accepted that's not actually who I am discovering all this raw talent from the 80's and accepting that actually I love the abject positivity that the decade embraced it's opened me up to some incredible music and movies.

The more I discover, the more I love it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's unfortunately a generation of music I very much ridiculed until relatively recently actually, it's funny how your tastes mature as you get older. I suffered greatly with having to appear "cool" when I was younger and that led to blanket areas of life that were "cheesy" or something like that.

But since I've accepted that's not actually who I am discovering all this raw talent from the 80's and accepting that actually I love the abject positivity that the decade embraced it's opened me up to some incredible music and movies.

The more I discover, the more I love it.
You're experience fully encapsulates exactly what I have been witnessing in general with the appreciation of it. It's only in the past 5 or so years that it's really shone through again.

I can say that I loved it the whole time though..... I'm that guy! :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You're experience fully encapsulates exactly what I have been witnessing in general with the appreciation of it. It's only in the past 5 or so years that it's really shone through again.

I can say that I loved it the whole time though..... I'm that guy! :ROFLMAO:
Kudos to you though, totally. I wish I'd been far more open to things when I was younger, I missed on so much down to pure prejudice.

slimbob

Enthusiast

In my opinion Kate Bush is a musical genius, I love the sensual world music video it is bloody brilliant as is all her stuff. I have never read Ulysses which she drew inspiration from. You can tell how important movement and dance are to her to help express her music.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In my opinion Kate Bush is a musical genius, I love the sensual world music video it is bloody brilliant as is all her stuff. I have never read Ulysses which she drew inspiration from. You can tell how important movement and dance are to her to help express her music.
It's the content she bases some of her songs, on, there's not many artists that are so inspired by a classic novel that they have to write a song about it. She's one of a kind from that perspective.

Her lyrics are so clever.

The fact she's only just got due credit for "Running Up That Hill" is just bizarre.