Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Started watching Black Books as it came up on Netflix recently. Early 2000s sitcom/comedy series, with very young looking Bill Bailey and Tamsin Grieg. Lots of great visual comedy present there.
Has Bill Bailey ever really looked young? Great show, though. I've been watching episodes on my phone as I've been doing the washing up recently. Love the episode with the piano :LOL:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
@TonyCarter I am shocked...almost too shocked for words (sorry, it's my favourite game dialogue line at the moment!)

Terry Pratchett books incorrectly stored...in the wrong order no less. It's scandalous :eek:

This is how they should be stored and displayed, although I will admit the paperbacks are not in order but hardbacks and paperbacks intermingled looks wrong...the mini-hardback book (see what I did there? :rolleyes:) does my head in and will be replaced with a full size one one day

View attachment 22029
I'm a big Discworld fan, grew up reading the books, played the games (real soft spot for Discworld Noir), and have been fairly pleased at Sky's TV adaptations. Hogfather is probably my favourite of the books, as I'm a huge fan of Christmas, and seeing Pratchett's spin on Christmas is all in good fun. :)

I like to live life on the edge 😜
You can live life on the edge, just ensure your phone doesn't! :LOL:

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Started watching Black Books as it came up on Netflix recently. Early 2000s sitcom/comedy series, with very young looking Bill Bailey and Tamsin Grieg. Lots of great visual comedy present there.
Some of the old ones are the best.

I've been watching the 2006 - Life on Mars (U.K) on netflix, near end of 2nd season then will move on to "Ashes to Ashes" which is a follow up. It's based on detective from 2006 who has a accident and transport back to 1973. Great soundtrack too if you like the 60/70s music

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Some of the old ones are the best.

I've been watching the 2006 - Life on Mars (U.K) on netflix, near end of 2nd season then will move on to "Ashes to Ashes" which is a follow up. It's based on detective from 2006 who has a accident and transport back to 1973. Great soundtrack too if you like the 60/70s music
Gene Hunt is my spirit animal :p

Stephen M

Author Level
Decided I need some high culture, so dug out my Ed Wood DVDs. Plan Nine is so deserving of the worst film ever made title, definitely a favourite.

Saw a documentary on it with an interview of one of the people involved, they mentioned a chase scene which some bits in daylight and others at night. The interviewer asked if that had been spotted and had they considered optically tinting the film to get a consistent effect, the reply was: "We meant to do that but forgot."

Bride of the Monster is worth a watch as well.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just started Jupiter's Legacy. Not made up my mind yet though.
Finding it a bit ‘meh’ so far, after 3 episodes, but will carry in to see if it picks up.

Still much better than the dross that is/was Batwoman.

EDIT: just finished the first series, and it got better. Won't say it's good, but at least now they've explained where they came from and some reasons for the infighting.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve just started watching Cobra Kai. Only two episodes in but it’s fantastic. It’s brilliantly self aware of the source material, accessible for those who didn’t grow up knowing the back story and it’s really tightly scripted. Will report back with opinions on future episodes 👍

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ve just started watching Cobra Kai. Only two episodes in but it’s fantastic. It’s brilliantly self aware of the source material, accessible for those who didn’t grow up knowing the back story and it’s really tightly scripted. Will report back with opinions on future episodes 👍
It's absolutely brilliant mate enjoy the journey

STRIKE FIRST STRIKE FAST NO MERCY

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Okay, I’m at episode nine of the first series of Cobra Kai and I’m increasingly believing that this might be the greatest TV show ever made. Cannot wait to see what happens in the season finale.

Citrus_9

Expert
I'm a bit late jumping in this thread... Netflix series: The Umbrella Academy, Dark, What Happened to Monday, How to Get Away with Murder, Dear White People, Snow Piercer, Ratched, The Politician, Love and Anarchy, Hollywood, also Banana and Derry Girls are hilarious.

The Two Popes is worth to see!

Netflix has some good older movies too.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Cobra Kai is fantastic. Can't wait for the next season. I've binge watched every season so far.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a bit late jumping in this thread... Netflix series: The Umbrella Academy, Dark, What Happened to Monday, How to Get Away with Murder, Dear White People, Snow Piercer, Ratched, The Politician, Love and Anarchy, Hollywood, also Banana and Derry Girls are hilarious.

The Two Popes is worth to see!

Netflix has some good older movies too.
As a Derry man I'm so happy to see the success of Derry Girls. It's brilliant, never seen my Da laugh so hard than the joke in the first episode about taking the orders for the chippy

Also Cobra Kai just gets better and better. I kept expecting it to fall off each season but it's honestly brilliant, I love that it leans into it's hokeyness