Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just started watching 'The Nevers', and it seems to be okay so far...nothing special as it's basically a show about a refuge for people with 'special abilities' in a Victorian setting.

Still working my way down my catch-up watch list - although it may may be some time before I'm caught up, as I seem to download more than I watch...
2021-05-10_10-10-04.png

Some are shows I've not started to watch, but like the sound of. Some are shows I downloaded and went through a slow patch...and just haven't had the energy to go through however many slow episodes there are before it gets back on track...especially with so many new shows coming out all the time!

2021-05-10_10-13-20.png

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Okay, I’m at episode nine of the first series of Cobra Kai and I’m increasingly believing that this might be the greatest TV show ever made. Cannot wait to see what happens in the season finale.

I cant believe I havent found this before...and its even got the Karate Duck Kid in :D

polycrac

Rising Star
Just found this post, here's a few from me, sorry if I missed a post with them in:

Spirited (on prime, might be ex-BBC, funny & well crafted ghost story. You don't even learn what the name is about until the second series)

Pose (on netflix, performances, writing, humour are STUNNING but not a walk in the park, it puts you through the wringer a bit, emotionally)

GLOW (on Netflix, more accessible than Pose and less rewarding but still much more here to see than just ladies in spandex)

Snowfall (I forget what platform but if you like Pose or GLOW, this is the third leg on the stool)

White Gold (on BBC, it should be a bad sitcom, but the odd killer performance and the incredible soundtrack make it work)

Hashoter Hatov (on Netflix, Israeli cop comedy with subtitles but full of deadpan comedy)

Toast of London (on Netflix, small bites of pure comedy gold if you love Matt Berry)

American gods (on Prime, Gaiman being great but earlier series did more for me than the latest)

Dark Crystal: Age of resistance (on Netflix, even if you are too young to remember the original film, this series is one of the most visually striking things you've ever seen)

And a couple of films:

American Mary (bodymod 'technically' horror, but funny and not really graphic, just elegant)

Dirt (rock biopic, Motley Crue, drugs, music & boobs. Awesome

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
I’ve just started watching Cobra Kai. Only two episodes in but it’s fantastic. It’s brilliantly self aware of the source material, accessible for those who didn’t grow up knowing the back story and it’s really tightly scripted. Will report back with opinions on future episodes 👍
Cobra Kai is unbelievable. I finished it a few months back and every night I just kept bugging my Mrs to "watch one more" before bed. I think the new season is rumoured to be Q4 this year but I imagine Jan 2022 is more realistic.

I found the season 3 finale to be one of the best TV episodes I've ever watched, you've got some great viewing ahead of you Sir!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
And the award for best line in any TV show ever goes to Cobra Kai. Season 3, episode 9:

‘Is that my drum in your pocket?’

It needs context to flesh it out but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who’s yet to get involved.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine has watched the whole series so far, and read the books. Personally I find it quite disturbing and I actively avoid watching it....
Me too mate, it's the frustration I get though that no one seems to do anything that bothers me mostly. She watches it on her own and I watch old horror movies so it's a win win in my opinion

steaky360

It might already be in this list - but invincible (on Amazon) is excellent and highly worth a watch

Fully agree with solar opposites I binged all of it recently when away with work and it’s brilliant - occasionally still get hoofed right in the feels too (Poor Molly 😢)

It might already be in this list - but invincible (on Amazon) is excellent and highly worth a watch

Fully agree with solar opposites I binged all of it recently when away with work and it’s brilliant - occasionally still get hoofed right in the feels too (Poor Molly 😢)
Oh god molly jesus I had to go have a cig and a beer after that to soon !!!