Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

rouchie

Rising Star
Just watched the first episode of the remake of the Equalizer on sky witness and it was superb, wasn't sure how the character transformation was going to work, but it was great..............
Is that the one with Queen Latifah as the title character? I wasn't sure about that but might give it a go if you are recommending it

Bhuna50

Author Level
I’ve been really sad lately as I normally slate the wife for watching such reality TV trash but I have to say I’m hooked on Below Deck Mediterranean recently lol. I blame the fact that when working from home, I don’t get on with ‘watching’ much but more listening to it as I’m actually working lol. and this was ideal as you don’t have a story line to follow and can just hear the bitchiness and arguments without having to pay much attention to the TV itself.

Saying that though and even when censored, I did have to pay attention when Mr Skin and the Naked News crew were the charter guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite a disturbing film I'm watching, called "Voices" with Ryan Reynolds from 2014, it's about a kid with pretty acute psychosis and his experience of it. It's done extremely well, some of it is quite amusing, but it's done so well it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth a lot of the time, his character is quite flippant.

I'm only half way through atm.

Ryan Reynold acting so far is really very good, it's quite a challenging part to play.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Quite a disturbing film I'm watching, called "Voices" with Ryan Reynolds from 2014, it's about a kid with pretty acute psychosis and his experience of it. It's done extremely well, some of it is quite amusing, but it's done so well it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth a lot of the time, his character is quite flippant.

I'm only half way through atm.

Ryan Reynold acting so far is really very good, it's quite a challenging part to play.
On a scale of 1-10, what level is your Ryan Reynolds man-crush at this point in time? And now that I think of it… given that your other recent one was Hugh Jackman, do you see this causing problems between the two of them?

4790C0A8-09E8-4731-9691-36257E048CC4.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On a scale of 1-10, what level is your Ryan Reynolds man-crush at this point in time? And now that I think of it… given that your other recent one was Hugh Jackman, do you see this causing problems between the two of them?

View attachment 28642
Also Aquaman, he's well up there.

But Ryan is in a league of his own after Deadpool, he's safe at the top.

The other two however, I believe have already donned the white gloves in preparation of throwing down.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Watched the new Suicide Squad last night. Would strongly recommend it was a blast, genuinely funny and well done. I absolutely love the Shark

What did you make of John Cena's performance as Peacemaker? A lot of people are saying he pulled it out of the bag. Margot Robbie is so perfectly cast as Harley. I haven't seen it yet. :)

slimbob

Enthusiast
Cena was hilarious I think Idris Elba really brought a good performance out of him they had great chemistry
Thanks, I thought he would be good in that role, great to hear there was good chemistry between him and Idris Elba, Can't wait to see it :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm maybe getting old and cynical but I didn't rate it at all. I thought the scripting was awful and the story/premise has been done to death. There are some funny bits in it, that got a slight chuckle from me, but other than holding out for a good view of Harley Quinn I was pretty much just killing time with it.

There's not a lot that's rocked my boat recently though and I've actually found myself switching stuff off mid-way through, which I don't normally.

I'm hoping Free Guy will break the duck on Wednesday, if the GF is well enough to make it to the cinema that is.

slimbob

Enthusiast
I'm maybe getting old and cynical but I didn't rate it at all. I thought the scripting was awful and the story/premise has been done to death. There are some funny bits in it, that got a slight chuckle from me, but other than holding out for a good view of Harley Quinn I was pretty much just killing time with it.

There's not a lot that's rocked my boat recently though and I've actually found myself switching stuff off mid-way through, which I don't normally.

I'm hoping Free Guy will break the duck on Wednesday, if the GF is well enough to make it to the cinema that is.

What about the new "Dune", trailer looks awesome, very hard to transfer on the big screen so hoping Denis V pulls it out the bag.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I actually forgot about Dune. Was that not meant to be a 2020 release (And possibly even before that?). I seem to remember it being promoted before now.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm looking forward to Free Guy, Dune, Foundation...and to finishing off all the other stuff I've added to my wishlist (even some of Netflix's non-English shows like Lupin).

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I actually forgot about Dune. Was that not meant to be a 2020 release (And possibly even before that?). I seem to remember it being promoted before now.
It was originally supposed to come out in March 21 I believe but got pushed to Sept. Really looking forward to it Dennis V is brilliant and I'm a big fan of everything he's done so it's in a good hands as far as I'm concerned

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This has been my last 2 weeks:

Suits - Great TV show, mentioned already. On it for the 3rd time.
South Park - Couple of seasons on Netflix so hit it on to wash away the boredom.
Tattoo Redo - Meh
The Last Mercenary - Meh
A Few Good Men - Well Known
War Machine - Switched it off
Untold: Malice at the Palace - If you like BBall it's a good watch
Left Behind - Switched it off
The Sum of All Fears - Ok movie
Blood Diamond - Switched it off
The Talented Mr Ripley - Wish they would do a follow up with this
Death by Magic - Couldn't even get through 1 episode
Vendetta - Watched it all but wouldn't recommend
Red Dragon - Old one, decent movie.
Fear Street - Watched it with my oldest daughter (11), quite enjoyed it. Well made and a similar feel to Stranger Things
The Quick & the Dead - Decent movie, old one again.
Moneyball - True story, decent watch.
CarMasters: Rust to Riches - It's OK, scoop the brain out and don't try to query the logic.
The Magnificent 7 - The latest remake with Denzel, decent watch. You could write it though.

Above is just my Netflix over the past couple of weeks. That's without considering live TV, Amazon, Plex etc. Covid has a lot to answer for :ROFLMAO: