Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Episode 5 and hooked - great series. Really didnt think I would enjoy a dubbed / subtitled series and Off the back of watching Escape Room movies and that, I thought this was great.
Just about to pour myself a beer and take a look, I did watch an episode of a thing called ganglands on netflix the other night, some of the dubbing was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I never take the dub if there’s an option not to. I much prefer to quickly read the subtitles and listen to the inflections and stress on the words in the native language.

I’ve done this for all the Korean & Japanese TV, film, anime I’ve ever watched, but also in other languages since they’ve become more accessible via Netflix.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I didn't even know English was an option with it until my Daughter started slagging me off for reading the subtitles.

I just continued on though, I feel it's more authentic too. Dubbing is distracting to me.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Well I thoroughly enjoyed Squid Game and hope that a season 2 is on the cards.

Looking at my Netflix suggestions now and I have one called "3%"

Anyone watched this - is it worth the time or is 3% the rating?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Well I thoroughly enjoyed Squid Game and hope that a season 2 is on the cards.

Looking at my Netflix suggestions now and I have one called "3%"

Anyone watched this - is it worth the time or is 3% the rating?

Well I guess no one has watched 3% then or seen about it - so I have given it a go myself - 4 episodes in and its not too bad. Without giving too much away, it appears its a lot of people applying to go Offshore (a much better class of living by the sounds of it) - however they only take a select few - this is where the series gets it names as apparently only 3% of applicants pass...

It seems to be a series of tasks, games and events that the people have to pass to get through to the next round to, I assume, qualify to go to the "Offshore".

Games are not like Squid Game or Escape Rooms as basically if you lose you go back to your squalid conditions, but occassionally tense and dramatic - I dont want to say too much as dont want to give anything away.

It does get you relating to some of the characters - who are obviously the main ones you follow this series I assume - and overall I think I will continue watching it as its an OK watch. Its a dubbed Brazilian/Portuguese TV series and apparently it looks like there are 4 seasons.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well I wasn’t in the mood for Blade Runner 2049 tonight as I’d seen it relatively recently so I’m giving Squid Game a go. Just got episode one out of the way, that was a pretty epic game of ‘Red Light, Green Light’ 😵

Bhuna50

Author Level
I got through the first series of 3% and will move on to the others, but have found: Better Than Us.

Anyone seen this series yet? Looks like a Russian made TV series and from Episode 1, it looks like it could be quite good...especially when the first thing you hear is a kid reciting the Isaac Asimov's 3 laws of robots :)

Bhuna50

Author Level
  • A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm
  • A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws

Oooh - its sex robots :D :D

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I got through the first series of 3% and will move on to the others, but have found: Better Than Us.

Anyone seen this series yet? Looks like a Russian made TV series and from Episode 1, it looks like it could be quite good...especially when the first thing you hear is a kid reciting the Isaac Asimov's 3 laws of robots :)
It‘s along similar lines to the 2015 C4 series “Humans”, which was itself based on the original 2012 Swedish version “Äkta människor” (Real Humans).

Of course each version changes the premise somewhat, with the Russian version being more murderous and focused on big corp vs single family and single advanced synth; and the English/Swedish ones being more about synth self-awareness and making bonds with humans…only for the ‘powers that be’ decide that they’re too dangerous,

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
  • A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm
  • A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws

Oooh - its sex robots :D :D
And then he wrote a whole series of stories showing the grey areas and conflicts in those laws. ;)