Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Seen Dune on Friday, if you're a fan I'd recommend it strongly. It's fairly accurate to the books which I'm not entirely sure was a great idea for movie format. I seen someone say it was a 2D adaptation of a 3D book which I find fairly accurate.

Visually it's absolutely breath taking and the score is incredible. Acting top notch and the hit the key areas really really well. I liked how the did Pauls Prescience and how they handled the "Voice"

Stellan Skarsgard as the Count was disgusting and creepy and perfect

I predict it'll be very divisive though people going in blind may not like it

SiAdams

Seen Dune on Friday, if you're a fan I'd recommend it strongly. It's fairly accurate to the books which I'm not entirely sure was a great idea for movie format. I seen someone say it was a 2D adaptation of a 3D book which I find fairly accurate.

Visually it's absolutely breath taking and the score is incredible. Acting top notch and the hit the key areas really really well. I liked how the did Pauls Prescience and how they handled the "Voice"

I seen this on Saturday and bought the book on Sunday. That's how good it was

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I seen this on Saturday and bought the book on Sunday. That's how good it was
There is a tonne of internal dialogue you would have missed and some very very key moments that will explain a lot of why things happened the way the did.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I'm really looking forward to this. I adored the original,but it was quite disjointed, not sure how it related to the books, but the overall story is just so epic.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm really looking forward to this. I adored the original,but it was quite disjointed, not sure how it related to the books, but the overall story is just so epic.
If you've read the books mate the new one is just the first book of the first book. Which is the proper way to do it in my opinion especially when I consider how much they still had to leave out. Be interesting to see how the longs the Directors Cut is because I know they filmed a lot of stuff that isn't in the Theatrical release at all which in my opinion should have been

The more I think about it the more I love how the handled Pauls Prescience

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
There’s only one Paul Atreides, there’s only one Paul Atreides! One Paul Atreeeeiides!

B816FFA8-E361-4973-BE3D-4F428B7E1A09.png

*Football hooligan mode disengaged*

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just finished watching the first season of departure on sky, second season starts on Monday, sky box set up to record it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Be interested to hear your thoughts when you're threw. I liked it a fair bit the more I think back on it
Ok, just finished Midnight Mass. That's in my all time greats, full of beautiful concepts about what it's all about, good and bad, the music throughout and the use of sound in important moments was very powerful and really subtle but so clever.

I absolutely loved it. The depth it goes into, I can understand why some people wouldn't want to sit through it, but I have a feeling it's one of those, you watch it back through and you pick up little pointers that all tie back to the final speech.

But because of the depth it went into, I felt so connected to the characters, there were a few scenes where I was bawling (as much as I can bawl these days).

Just beautifully done.

So down to earth.

Wonderful.

Can't thank you enough for the recommendation (y)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Can anyone remember

View attachment 30143

As I just found Netflix did an updated series.

The New Legends of Monkey.

Three episodes in and loving it. Even has its own Witcher lookalike. Lol. The demon 😂
This is amazing news! I spent a large amount of my childhood blowing at the two waving fingers I was shaking in front of my face and then shouting ‘PHWING!’ pretending to be Monkey.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, just finished Midnight Mass. That's in my all time greats, full of beautiful concepts about what it's all about, good and bad, the music throughout and the use of sound in important moments was very powerful and really subtle but so clever.

I absolutely loved it. The depth it goes into, I can understand why some people wouldn't want to sit through it, but I have a feeling it's one of those, you watch it back through and you pick up little pointers that all tie back to the final speech.

But because of the depth it went into, I felt so connected to the characters, there were a few scenes where I was bawling (as much as I can bawl these days).

Just beautifully done.

So down to earth.

Wonderful.

Can't thank you enough for the recommendation (y)
Yeah I love it too mate, found myself thinking about it for weeks afterwards. Just the type of show that's designed to leave an impression and how things seems to click days later and make me go ooooooh.

I've been working through my 31 days of horror. Currently have 28 watched, I'll list them out here when I'm finished and highlight the standouts. I've watched some garbage on this list too so I'll make sure to highlight them as well

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ooo, that looks good, have to give that a watch
It’s good violent fun, I’d recommend giving it a go! Mrs Cooper wasn’t keen (I think it’s more boy telly) so that’s why I only managed a single season. I’ll have to get back on it on Saturday nights after she goes to bed.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’s good violent fun, I’d recommend giving it a go! Mrs Cooper wasn’t keen (I think it’s more boy telly) so that’s why I only managed a single season. I’ll have to get back on it on Saturday nights after she goes to bed.
Added to my watch list, watched the trailer