Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Dont forget everyone - Netflix from today - Cobra Kai season 4 :D
Yeeeessss! Also, can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet, ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ has started on Disney+

Only just remembered myself. I’m in for some good viewings when Mrs C inevitably nods off at 10pm tonight! 😍

Bhuna50

Author Level
The Book of Boba Fett
Oh yeah - I forgot to put something on after I had watched it yesterday :D LOL - a little thing called work got in the way just as I finished it and by the time I then got back to the forum....I was too interested in making sure I got Lara in all three slots of my basket :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
And? What did you make of it?

For the sake of not ruining it for people I will reserve saying what I thought - all I will say is its a typical first episode introducing characters etc and setting a base for the series.

The hand to hand combat was very obviously staged - slow responses etc but hopefully it will improve.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Just watched Hacksaw Ridge and it was well worth watching. It is a war film with a difference, based on a true story and directed by Mel Gibson.

PS Not one for the squeamish.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Cobra Kai - Season 4 episode 2 highlight so far. Had me in absolute stitches.....

Johnny walks out with a bagel asked where he was..... "no be there". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I love that guy. He's one of the people I would chose for one of those "if you could have a night out with x people who would you choose". He's my first pick every time!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
For any of you Bruce Campbell fans out there, just been made aware of this.

Black Friday, got pretty terrible reviews, but then almost anything Bruce Campbell has done was panned.

I love that guy. He's one of the people I would chose for one of those "if you could have a night out with x people who would you choose". He's my first pick every time!
Yep, count me in. That looks like a big bag of stupid gory fun.

And I love Bruce. Either of you seen Bubba Ho Tep? If you haven’t, it’s well worth a watch 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep, count me in. That looks like a big bag of stupid gory fun.

And I love Bruce. Either of you seen Bubba Ho Tep? If you haven’t, it’s well worth a watch 👍
I loved Bubba Ho Tep, haven't seen it for years actually, need to rewatch that.

Did you see the evil dead series they did? Ash vs Evil Dead? Only lasted 3 seasons, but sooo good.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Currently watching The Silent Sea. Very well made series with money spent in all the right areas. Acting is top notch.

However....... it's slower than a week in the jail. Like a lot of limited series nowadays they take a good premise and stretch it out to 10 episodes. I'm on episode 8 and as much as I'm enjoying each little nugget of the story per episode, it's like pulling teeth getting there. Many slow, drawn out paused scenes with even long pauses in the dialogue now just to stretch it out. It's not adding drama for me now, merely frustration.

I'll stick with it as overall it's decent, but be warned before you get into it. The abridged version would be 3 episodes long (more commonly known as a movie).

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've been watching Inside Job over the last couple of days on Netflix - it's an animated sci-fi comedy where many conspiracy theories are real. It was released last year and it's been fun although it's only a short series so I'll probably have it done tomorrow!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
We watched Shang-Chi on Disney+ last night, thoroughly enjoyable and a bit different from other Marvel movies.

And Morris is an almost sickeningly adorable member of the supporting cast.