Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Really enjoyed the second episode of new Boba Fett series, which I might refer to as TBOBF in future for shorthand purposes, we’ve never known much about the sand people (unless you’ve played KOTOR II) and it was action packed!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, it's not out yet, all we know is it's on Netflix and out sometime this year, but they finished filming last year. This has been an ongoing project to get it adapted for film / tv since the 90's.

For all you Neil Gaiman fans (Good Omens, American Gods).

The Sandman

Big fan of The Sandman but not sure how I'll feel about this. It's a very dreamy comic a lot of it being abstract so wondering how they are going to handle it

On the fence right now but I adore the source material

Bhuna50

Author Level
Just watched two really good TV series on Netflix.

Stay Close, based on the novel by Harlan Coben (starring James Nesbitt, Richard Armitage, Cush Jumbo) - The lives of a photojournalist, a soccer mom and a homicide detective are disturbed by a terrible event from the past.

Safe - again Harlan Coben - (starring Michael C Hall, Marc Warren, Amanda Abbingdon) - After his teenage daughter goes missing, a widowed surgeon begins uncovering dark secrets of the people closest to him.

Certainly well worth the time if you like crime dramas. Highly recommended.

Based on these two then I am going to look for the other Harlan Coben TV series that Netflix have done:

The Stranger
The Woods
The Innocent
Gone for Good

unless anyone says they are a complete waste of time of course.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have Stay Close on the list, I like Jimmy Nesbitt a lot. Met him a handful of times he enjoys an aul house party, seems to love going to random parties after nights out in my town as long as no ones a dick and pulls a phone out he'll hang out all night get blitzed and talk nonsense, good lad all around

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just finishing off "Don't Look Up", I think it's extremely relevant to the current state of polarisation in the world, and very accurate of certain administrative attempts to disinform their followers. It's a gutsy movie, they don't make it difficult to know their feelings on things.

robin h 25

I do like the part in "Don't Look Up" where it look like the government/ BASH industries turns around to mine the asteroid instead for "profit" because of it's resources,

It kind of rings true, with are human population growing and are resources dwindling, as to why i have so much interest in SpaceX's Starship program, hopefully before i pass, there should be the start or the beginning's of a human outpost on Mars,

as there so much more resources out in space, and i do like professor Brian Cox statement that the total of all the world's footballer's yearly pay checks are 10x more than the cost of any space program,

I'm kind of with Brian on this, i would also would like to see more money spent on space programs then watching a group of men kicking a ball around for 90 minutes, more money for space program to mine and get resources from space to extend human life or more money to footballer's for just 90 minutes for entertainment.

Don't Look Up, good movie, though i didn't like the president's son, he needed a couple of hard hitting slaps to the face, so annoying he was.

steaky360

Just finished watching 'The Tourist' which is available on BBC iPlayer about 'the man' who loses his memory in Australia after an accident and well basically what happens after that (note: the plot is thick like whipped double cream and I'd advise not reading up on it beforehand to prevent any inadvertent spoilers).

Certainly worth a watch.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Dopesick is absolutely fantastic also. Disney+ has it its a Hulu show. Absolutely excellent dramatisation of the events surrounding the Oxiconton epidemic in America and ultimately the high profile court cases of Purdue Pharma

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm just finishing off "Don't Look Up", I think it's extremely relevant to the current state of polarisation in the world, and very accurate of certain administrative attempts to disinform their followers. It's a gutsy movie, they don't make it difficult to know their feelings on things.
I loved Don't Look Up, found it genuinely hilarious but also made an important point that everyone seemingly missed or ignored further reinforcing that point. Pretty brilliant I thought

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Finished off the new series of Cobra Kai last night and it remains consistently awesome. And Terry is such a butt, I didn’t think it’d be possible for me to dislike someone more than Kreese but he’s really raised the bar.

Tonight we’ve started Bosch, been hearing good things about it so it’s time to jump in.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was talking with someone recently about Cobra Kai and they were saying that they didn't really get it. I responded by saying that there was no point in watching it as they never will.

It's just one of those few shows where you either get it, and you'll love it, or you don't, and you won't.

I think it would be very rare for anyone who doesn't remember the nostalgia of the Karate Kid to enjoy Cobra Kai. There may be the odd 80s kid thrown into that mix but anyone post 1995 I just don't think will see it for what it is.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I was talking with someone recently about Cobra Kai and they were saying that they didn't really get it. I responded by saying that there was no point in watching it as they never will.

It's just one of those few shows where you either get it, and you'll love it, or you don't, and you won't.

I think it would be very rare for anyone who doesn't remember the nostalgia of the Karate Kid to enjoy Cobra Kai. There may be the odd 80s kid thrown into that mix but anyone post 1995 I just don't think will see it for what it is.
I'm inclined to agree. My brother is 21 and not just doesn't get it, but actively dislikes Cobra Kai. I tried to explain to him the nostalgia value for me having grown up with the film, etc, but yeah, it just doesn't get it at all. The age gap between me and him has always been there, but this was one of the first times it was really brought home to me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As usual I'm always late to the party, but a friend recommended "After Life" which is a series by Ricky Gervais that started in 2019.

I'm not a huge fan of Ricky's general stuff, I respect it, no doubt, but for some reason it's never really clicked with me.

But the premise of this really struck a chord and my friend feels the same about Ricky Gervais but absolutely loves this series, so thought I'd give it a go. It's just finished season 3.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I watched 2 episodes of After Life, never got into it. But I didn't give it a fair crack.

Exactly the same as Ozark which I've just started again. I watched 3 episodes a year or so ago but never really gave it my attention. Giving it another go right now :)