Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Also not seen mention of it but I did see that Star Trek Strange New Worlds has started. Not sure what channel is showing it in UK but Captain Pikes adventures in the Enterprise kicks off with quite a good opening episode I thought to intro some of the characters and some cadets / low ranked familiar names 😀😀

Aza

Rising Star
Also not seen mention of it but I did see that Star Trek Strange New Worlds has started. Not sure what channel is showing it in UK but Captain Pikes adventures in the Enterprise kicks off with quite a good opening episode I thought to intro some of the characters and some cadets / low ranked familiar names 😀😀
Its CBS studios and on Paramount+
First episode was last week and another is due in about 2 days (i'm watching it via my local friendly online streaming service that isnt strictly an "official" outlet)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well it's finally showing this side of the big pond, "The Blacklist - Season 9" started tonight, and all the characters are on form

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's taken me a really long time but I finally got around to Doctor Sleep. Other than the absolutely ridiculous name, which I think really put me off, it's a really good movie.

The music score is fantastic, really loved the feel of the movie. It's a little slow at times, but like the original it builds. I'm glad I waited to watch it as I get to just enjoy it for what it is rather than during the time of the hype :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's taken me a really long time but I finally got around to Doctor Sleep. Other than the absolutely ridiculous name, which I think really put me off, it's a really good movie.

The music score is fantastic, really loved the feel of the movie. It's a little slow at times, but like the original it builds. I'm glad I waited to watch it as I get to just enjoy it for what it is rather than during the time of the hype :)
Movie is genuinely brilliant, seriously shocked by how good it was

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just watching "A Time To Kill" for the first time in years.

This is an old film from 1996 with Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Donald Sutherland, Samuel L Jackson and Keifer Sutherland.

Most people will have seen it, but if any of you haven't this is still an incredible film and needs to be watched by everyone, it's simply stunning.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm just watching "A Time To Kill" for the first time in years.

This is an old film from 1996 with Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Donald Sutherland, Samuel L Jackson and Keifer Sutherland.

Most people will have seen it, but if any of you haven't this is still an incredible film and needs to be watched by everyone, it's simply stunning.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread too. Spotted it when it came onto netflix after I hadn't watched it in years. It's a really brilliant movie. Really strong performances throughout.

rouchie

Rising Star
I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread too. Spotted it when it came onto netflix after I hadn't watched it in years. It's a really brilliant movie. Really strong performances throughout.
Yep John Grisham novel adapted for movie and done really well!

Aza

Rising Star
I havent been up all night, honest...

I just finished watching Doctor Sleep, actually liked it more than The Shining!
Although I think The Shining was scarier.

Bhuna50

Author Level
A while to wait still but just thought I’d put this little teaser out there as it’s popped up on my app now.

1652718265642.jpeg

Wizz219

I'd never seen this until the girlfriend showed it to me the other night, absolutely incredible. If anyone can recommend other courtroom style movies then throw them my way. A Few Good Men is an obvious one but seen that and love it.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd never seen this until the girlfriend showed it to me the other night, absolutely incredible. If anyone can recommend other courtroom style movies then throw them my way. A Few Good Men is an obvious one but seen that and love it.
Trial of the Chicago 7 is a good one

To Kill A Mockingbird is an absolute classic

Mississippi Burning has a similar vibe

Primal Fear for something a little different with a great performances

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
To Kill a Mockingbird shows it's age a little, but nowhere near as much as you would think.
Primal Fear is one of my favourite movies. Definitely top 20.
Runaway Jury is definitely up there
12 Angry Men is an all time classic that I only, relatively, recently watched (mid 2000s)
Philadelphia
Just remembered JFK.

There are so many but those stand out off the top of my head.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Tonight's viewing was LA Confidential. Never seen it before, another that I just didn't fancy at the time it was released.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Another that you could write yourself but very well written, the cast is first class and it's all very well shot. Kim Basinger is a little wooden in it, not sure if it's deliberate, but she performs her role within a role very well.

Must admit I laughed out loud when I could see the suspension string in the scene with the DA out the window. Didn't have the budget to edit that out I guess :D
I'm just rewatching this.

I saw it a few times over the years, but I don't think I ever gave it the attention it deserved and didn't fully understand the plot.

It's quite clever coming at the same endpoint from 3 different starts.

Really enjoying it also, great film.

Guy Pearce I do think it's vastly underrated. Memento is still one of my favorite films of all time.

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
Did anyone watch Night Sky on Amazon?
Wondered what people thought, lead characters are well played and as a story of an aging couple and taking a stranger in, it was ok, but the Sci Fi element seemed to be a sidenote, didnt really get much explaination and its only really made a proper appearance in teh final episode.... I was left feeling the whow ouldnt of been much different if it were just about daytrips to florida.