Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
While trying to avoid the seemingly endless Jubilee coverage, I've started watching The Man In The High Castle on Amazon. Germany won WWII and nuked Washington with the former USA being split between Germany and Japan. It's been pretty good so far, although the second season reviews seem a bit mixed - will cross that bridge when I come to it. Well worth a watch so far!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
While trying to avoid the seemingly endless Jubilee coverage, I've started watching The Man In The High Castle on Amazon. Germany won WWII and nuked Washington with the former USA being split between Germany and Japan. It's been pretty good so far, although the second season reviews seem a bit mixed - will cross that bridge when I come to it. Well worth a watch so far!
The cadence of the story does ebb & flow a little…but there are some nice character background stories in the later series/episodes, so well worth persisting.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The cadence of the story does ebb & flow a little…but there are some nice character background stories in the later series/episodes, so well worth persisting.
Yeah, I'm a few episodes in and have definitely seen enough that I will be persisting with it, whatever happens next!

The 1960s Germany won the war setting of the show has me thinking I'll be going back into the Wolfenstein games soon as I'm enjoying it

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Im going to attempt to watch "The Conjuring"... tried last night but stopped 5 mins in when he went into the basement.... I dont know what it is, but im more scared by dark spaces than if there were a flesheating monster actively sucking someones brains out...

Ive never seen it before, but apparently this is where the stuff with the Annabelle haunted doll all comes from...and based on a true story...

...Perhaps I should wait until im not the only one in the house...
The first two Conjuring films are very good with a great cast and well shot. Didn't like Annabelle at all though I just cant get scared over toys, I would absolutely destroy Annabelle or Chucky or any of those other little plastic porcelain jerks they wouldn't stand a chance!

MrWilson

Godlike
The first two seasons of Lucifer have dropped on Netflix so I've started watching the series. Seems like a nice solid crime drama at the moment, although I believe that the show dips into the more mythical side later with more heaven and hell shenanigans (and God who isn't played by Morgan Freeman). Seems pretty fun so far, and got plenty of episodes to enjoy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The first two seasons of Lucifer have dropped on Netflix so I've started watching the series. Seems like a nice solid crime drama at the moment, although I believe that the show dips into the more mythical side later with more heaven and hell shenanigans (and God who isn't played by Morgan Freeman). Seems pretty fun so far, and got plenty of episodes to enjoy.
I haven't watched it but a friend is obsessed. Heard excellent things. I did watch a few shows of a series the main actor did recently called "Rush" where he's an off the books doctor, really good, would recommend. He's a good actor.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
(and God who isn't played by Morgan Freeman)
I hate to break it to you, good buddy… but if it’s not Morgan Freeman, it’s not god.

F80BBDC7-75E5-4977-AC3B-FB09BBAEEB45.gif

You’ve been had.

Aza

Rising Star
Dennis Haysbert plays the role, but God doesnt actually make an appearance until quite a few series in.

Aza

Rising Star
I miss SG :(
Had high hopes for SG Universe, it was just starting to really warm up and then it got cancelled leaving it on a cliffhanger.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, it's not out yet, all we know is it's on Netflix and out sometime this year, but they finished filming last year. This has been an ongoing project to get it adapted for film / tv since the 90's.

For all you Neil Gaiman fans (Good Omens, American Gods).

The Sandman

I'm so utterly keen for this, I'm a Neil Gaiman superfan, absolutely adore his work.

They've just announced the release date on Netflix for The Sandman for August 5th

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sandman series is one of my favourites really holding a lot of ill advised hope for this. Netflix do not have a good track record and the comic series itself is very dreamlike which will be incredibly difficult to translate. I really really hope they get it right such a fantastic story

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sandman series is one of my favourites really holding a lot of ill advised hope for this. Netflix do not have a good track record and the comic series itself is very dreamlike which will be incredibly difficult to translate. I really really hope they get it right such a fantastic story
I follow Neil Gaiman on Twitter and he's been heavily involved in production of this. We'll see, as you say, Netflix is hit and miss, but I'm hopeful for this

If the cast is anything to go by, then it should be good...can't go wrong with the likes of Joely Richardson, David Thewlis, Stephen Fry and Charles Dance, to name 4 of them
Charles Dance is a master, Stephen Fry as well, I'm so hyped

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

They actually demanded Gaiman was brought in as producer which is a wonderful sign, I didn't appreciate he was that heavily involved, imagined it would be more on the side of screen writing, but that's a good sign.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All caught up with the boys now, looks like we're in for some real good fun, bring on the Aquafresh

D

Deleted member 41971

worth watching on sky arts is a doc called "I am Alfred Hitchcock"

a look at the film maker and how his films have impacted the industry and audiences

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s been mentioned previously on this thread but we’ve recently started watching The Blacklist. The CGI effects in the early episodes are bordering on laughable but the premise is great and James Spader is always watchable (loved him as Robert California in The Office). We’re halfway through the first season and ready to power through however many Prime has to offer us 👍

We also finished Outer Range the other day… and I haven’t got a bloody clue what’s going on there. We’re a bit mystified and it’s obviously not made that much of an impression on my lovely lady as she keeps referring to it as ‘Josh Brolin’s Gaping Hole Show’. I struggle to keep a straight face when she says that 😶

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’s been mentioned previously on this thread but we’ve recently started watching The Blacklist. The CGI effects in the early episodes are bordering on laughable but the premise is great and James Spader is always watchable (loved him as Robert California in The Office). We’re halfway through the first season and ready to power through however many Prime has to offer us 👍

We also finished Outer Range the other day… and I haven’t got a bloody clue what’s going on there. We’re a bit mystified and it’s obviously not made that much of an impression on my lovely lady as she keeps referring to it as ‘Josh Brolin’s Gaping Hole Show’. I struggle to keep a straight face when she says that 😶
Oh only on season 1, season 9 is the latest, you've got a lot of catching up to do, if you think that some of the cgi in the first season is bad, then just wait for the season that was produced during the early days of the pandemic........... :ROFLMAO: