Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In other viewings, we’re into the third season of The Blacklist and I’ve got to say, it’s great viewing and the soundtrack is consistently mega.

Just to mention a few, I’ve heard The Kills, Temples, Suuns, Gordon Lightfoot, Hanni El Khatib, it’s a aural feast!

And extra cool points as they also use Dolly Parton’s ‘Jolene’… but played at 33RPM. It’s positively haunting.

Now we're talking, something worth watching..............(y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just watched American Made with Tom Cruise, I'd not heard about it before, it's based on a true story on a pilot involved with the US Government during the Reagan / Contra thing in the 80's.

Well worth a look, I'd not heard about it before.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm a sad git and use a TV app to track the series that I like watching and it gives some up and coming dates for new series, that Im sure some of you are interested in (espectially the top one I mention):

Cobra Kai - Series 5 - 09 September
The Cleaning Lady - Series 2 - 20 September
9-1-1 - Series 6 - 20 September
NCIS (series 20) NCIS Hawaii (series 2) - 20 September.
FBI / FBI Most Wanted / FBI International - Series 5 / 4 and 2 respectively - 21 September
Chicago Med / PD / Fire - 22 September.
The Rookie - Series 5 - 26 September
Young Sheldon - Series 6 - 30 September
CSI Vegas - Series 2 - 30 September
The Equalizer - Series 3 - 3 October
The Good Doctor - Series 6 - 4 October

I guess most of this is US release dates - but some are Netflix so should be available.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Just found this thread and the posts about Airplane. Airplane is one of my favourite movies of all time, I remember as a kid pausing the bit where Lloyd bridges hair is sticking up after he sniffed glue :ROFLMAO: so may tears of laughter in this masterpiece. God Leslie Nielsen was so good (RIP). (Captain Rex Kramer) Robert Stack (RIP) was one of may favourite characters.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well just finished watching season 3 of the boys, and read that filming starts or season 4 on 22nd of next month, bring it on................

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No one else absolutely losing their proverbial over the latest Rings of Power trailer from Amazon?

All the previous promo stuff really knocked the wind out of my sails, it honestly looked awful but that latest teaser trailer absolutely redeemed themselves massively. My hype is off the scales I keep getting goosebumps just thinking about it

I've written multiple short novels in my mates group chats about why I'm so excited

Tolkien's books are my favourite, nothing comes close to how much love I have for the world he has created and some of the greatest moments in that world are teased at heavily in the trailer. Honestly small like 2 second glimpses was enough to put together so much. I'm all in

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ok, big heads up, this is either gonna be a work of genius or the worst film ever made, but either way, I have to watch it!

I saw this today and I genuinely thought it was a joke. So it's actually coming out? :ROFLMAO:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
No one else absolutely losing their proverbial over the latest Rings of Power trailer from Amazon?

All the previous promo stuff really knocked the wind out of my sails, it honestly looked awful but that latest teaser trailer absolutely redeemed themselves massively. My hype is off the scales I keep getting goosebumps just thinking about it

I've written multiple short novels in my mates group chats about why I'm so excited

Tolkien's books are my favourite, nothing comes close to how much love I have for the world he has created and some of the greatest moments in that world are teased at heavily in the trailer. Honestly small like 2 second glimpses was enough to put together so much. I'm all in
I've never gotten into the movies at all. I watched the 3 originals but, other than the battle sequence in the 3rd, I was bored for most of it.

The 1st really annoyed me as I felt like I watched 3 hours of nothing, only to stand on a hill and view the objective before hitting the credits.

I should give them another go but it's a serious investment in time for something. I've never watched the hobbit or etc, for the same reason.

I took me some time to come around to Harry Potter too right enough.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've never gotten into the movies at all. I watched the 3 originals but, other than the battle sequence in the 3rd, I was bored for most of it.

The 1st really annoyed me as I felt like I watched 3 hours of nothing, only to stand on a hill and view the objective before hitting the credits.

I should give them another go but it's a serious investment in time for something. I've never watched the hobbit or etc, for the same reason.

I took me some time to come around to Harry Potter too right enough.
The hobbit films are terrible, I'd say skip them but the book is only like 250 pages and it's a very easy read aimed at a younger audience so I'd strongly recommend giving it a read. You can blast through it in an afternoon or two and its a fantastic self contained story.

LOTR though is honestly one of the greatest adventure movies ever made. It won 11 academy awards so they did something right

I've been a massive fan of the books, I've read them all and everything from his son. It's everything I want in fantasy

Honestly definitely give it another go, the first film ends exactly where the first book ends but there is no gap between them. They are essentially one 9-10 hour film that had to be released in parts for obvious reasons, there isn't supposed to be a big pay off after one section because they weren't written to be separate, they are to be taken as a whole if that makes sense?

I get the criticism but it never bothered me, then again I knew what to expect