Logging in

Rich26

Right, so I bought a new laptop from PCS which (finally) arrived today. On starting up, I can't log in as I need to enter the Windows product key (which I cant find). I've looked all over the case, and in the two booklets (the PCS welcome booklet an the concise users guide) that came with it but I cant find it anywhere.

I would phone up, but obviously the lines are shut as it's the weekend...

Any ideas?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
The product keys for the Desktops are usually on the back, not sure about where they usually are on the laptop but it'll be there somewhere :)

Rich26

Well there are a limited number of places a sticker could be on a laptop... And it's definitely not on there...

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah, should be a Windows sticker somewhere on the machine (I'd guess on the underneath of a laptop) which has the key on it.

Maestro

OK, so presumably your ordered winodws with your laptop. You dont mention the Windows DVD case. Have you looked on that. For laptops the key is almost always attatched to the underside of the chassis. If it isnt and you have the windows dvd case, check the plastic bag that the laptop came in as it might have attached to that. Alao you dont need the key to log into windows. You can enter the key at any time within the next 30 days to activate it.

I've not long had mine and the sticker is on the underside. The edges are peeling slightly though so Maestro is probably right and it will be somewhere in the original packaging. Its not very big and could easily be missed when looking quickly. Hope you find it!

Meds

Hi Rich,

Have you located the Product Key? If not, could you please post/pm your order number so we can look into this further for you.