Longtime lurker

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've been hovering around on here for quite a while. As I'm looking to buy a gaming PC in the next couple of months (wanting to see how the new Nvidia cards and AMD CPUs perform first), I figured I should probably stop lurking and maybe start posting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been hovering around on here for quite a while. As I'm looking to buy a gaming PC in the next couple of months (wanting to see how the new Nvidia cards and AMD CPUs perform first), I figured I should probably stop lurking and maybe start posting.
Welcome along, great to have you, and big Kudos for not leaping on the cards immediately without awaiting reviews and competition from AMD, that's a very sensible move! (y)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Welcome along, great to have you, and big Kudos for not leaping on the cards immediately without awaiting reviews and competition from AMD, that's a very sensible move! (y)

I've never been the kind of guy to rush into decisions - I like to have an idea what I'm doing before I make a decision.

I'm currently on the hunt for a monitor - I'm functionally blind in my left eye, so an ultrawide monitor would be wasted on me as my left-side peripheral vision stretches as far as I can see out of my right eye. My right eye is very good though. So I'm looking for a monitor that's maybe 27" to 32" or thereabouts, so I can see everything going on out of the one eye. Something like a XG27UQ or XG32VQR would be ideal. I'd prefer the 4K monitor if possible, but they're pretty rare at the moment.

In all likelihood, I'll be looking to build a system around a 3070, but could be tempted by a 3060ti if I go down the 1440 route - review depending!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another user just posted the XG27UQ, it’s set to be released in the next couple of weeks, and for it’s specs, it’s extremely high end and about £400 cheaper than the competition which is surprising given that it’s Asus who usually overcharge.

There are quite a few monitors about to be released in the top end 4k 144hz. These new cards are going to be pushing a lot of people into 4k 144hz, so we will start to see prices coming down as they become more mainstream.