Looking for a 24" 144Hz Monitor max 215£

ivning

Hello!
I am looking for a monitor 170 - 215 £.
Usage: Mostly gaming (I play often Apex but also LOL) or often watching movies.

It has to be 144Hz. Best 24". Full HD, 1ms HDMI or Displayport.

So far, I had a look at the 2 monitors:

Acer Predator XB240HBBMJDPR (Found for 195 £) or Samsung C24FG73

However, I currently use an Acer g226hql 21.5 "60Hz, I'm not that impressed and the reviews are not that good either.

So, what do you think? Or do you know other good monitors?

My PC:
AMD Ryzen 2400G 3.59 GHz
16 GB Ram
GForce GTX 1060 6GB
64bit Windows 10

(I know, I do not always get the 144FPS, but I still want to)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd get something with adaptive sync technology i.e. freesync, which is now supported on Nvidia's 1000 series and newer GPUs.

So of the two, the Samsung.

There are plenty of other options out there though

ivning

I'd get something with adaptive sync technology i.e. freesync, which is now supported on Nvidia's 1000 series and newer GPUs.

So of the two, the Samsung.

There are plenty of other options out there though

Yeah, can u recommend some?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Err.. whatever ones you like really.

Just go to any store, search the monitors for freesync ones, and look at anything 1080p 144hz in your budget. e.g. AOC G2460PF, AOC G2590FX

There's an Element Gaming monitor that's 1440p 144hz that's often on sale for ~£230 if you can stretch a few quid and find it on sale.

ivning

Err.. whatever ones you like really.

Just go to any store, search the monitors for freesync ones, and look at anything 1080p 144hz in your budget. e.g. AOC G2460PF, AOC G2590FX

There's an Element Gaming monitor that's 1440p 144hz that's often on sale for ~£230 if you can stretch a few quid and find it on sale.

Yeah ofc, but theres many monitors that arent really so good as the product seller says, so i just wanted to get a advice or smthng what someone had/know that is good for gaming/

ivning

Ok, so thanks for all the last thing
I'll probably buy the aoc gaming c32g1 27"
The last question, it is ok? not that i will buy a shiet or smthng like that

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
For me, I wouldn't buy it because it's 1080p over a 32" screen. The pixel density would be way too low unless you're as far from it as you would be from a TV set. Plus if it's ~£250 you can get 1440p 144hz through some of the cheaper offerings.

But if you are going to be very far away from it so want a 32" screen, it's a fair option. It gets okay reviews as far as I know.

ivning

Yeah, you are right..
Im maybe my arm's lenght away from my monitor so..
And i think i don't want the 1440p coz my PC will struggle and i'll get worse fps so :/

So should i take 24" ? but its a curved monitor, i heard curved monitor makes no sense on 24" (actually i don't care about edge or not edge) but with no sense they mean i won't see that its a edge monitor or resolution etc. will be looking weird?
Its hard coz all the monitors that i find interesting, are curved idk why they just couldn't be flat.. anyway..

now after 2 hours of looking i found only this one that isn't curved and works well with g-sync aoc G2590FX.
So?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I think people say that curved makes no sense on 24" because you don't get the same benefit you would on a large screen, rather than because it's a problem. If you like the look of the monitor, I think it's fine.

The AOC G2590FX is fine too. It's a TN panel, while the Samsung is VA.

Either is a fine choice.

The great majority of freesync monitors work with gsync, even if they're not on Nvidia's special little list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag5z8m/nvidia_freesync_monitor_testing_master_list/

ivning

I think people say that curved makes no sense on 24" because you don't get the same benefit you would on a large screen, rather than because it's a problem. If you like the look of the monitor, I think it's fine.

The AOC G2590FX is fine too. It's a TN panel, while the Samsung is VA.

Either is a fine choice.

The great majority of freesync monitors work with gsync, even if they're not on Nvidia's special little list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag5z8m/nvidia_freesync_monitor_testing_master_list/

Thanks. So i think i will go for the c32g1 24" coz there are almost no bad rates on amazon. Not like theAOC G2590FX or Samsung C24FG73. And i think samsung doesn't make a good gaming monitors?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Beware of customer reviews. The c32g1 (that's 32", not 24") has only 2 reviews on Amazon uk, so the 5* rating is meaningless because the sample size is tiny.

Amazon also lumps reviews of entirely different models together, which is really unhelpful - especially with monitors where all the different sizes/shapes/resolutions by definition all have different panels. On Amazon.com, the c32g1 is lumped together with 5 other models!

And i think samsung doesn't make a good gaming monitors?
I don't think that's true at all.

The panel (i.e. the screen) in the C24FG73 is made by Samsung themselves, and other companies like MSI and AOC use Samsung panels in their monitors.

If when you said "c32g1 24" you meant the 24" version of the same series as the c32g1 (called C24G1) - that actually uses a panel made by Samsung.

This is very common. Most companies that 'make' monitors don't actually make the panel, they get the panel from someone else like Samsing or AUO.

By all means go for the AOC C32G1 or C24G1. I'm not arguing against them, just trying to make sure you don't buy a monitor on the wrong info. The AOC C24G1 gets a good review on PC Monitors.info https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-c24g1/ :)

Last edited:

ivning

Yes, thanks and I appreciate it.

But now i come here again (yes sorry ik :D, but when i buy something, i have to know it will work as i expected)

So now i found on a pcmonitor forum, a thread and now im thinking about ViewSonic XG2402 vs AOC C24G1 (cuz there are sharpness issues, i've heard)

The Viewsonic is a bit expensive, but still in my range and more expensive things are mostly better? :D

So what do you think which one of them should i get. And i swear its my last question (I hope ;-)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
PCMonitors.info have a review of the Viewsonic too: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2402/

As well as the AOC: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-c24g1/

I suggest you read both and watch the videos included in the articles - their reviews follow a set format so you'll be able to see a like-for-like comparison of the two. The videos give you an idea of colour reproduction and viewing angles.

The monitors have different panel types (TN and VA) and obviously one is curved and one isn't.

I think either is a fine choice, it just depends what you want from the monitor and maybe the reviews will help answer that. :)

Personally I'd go for the AOC because it's a VA panel and I prefer the better colours and deep blacks. And PCMonitors apparently saw some interlacing on the Viewsonic, which they said was faint but would annoy the heck out of me.

Last edited: