Looking for a gaming laptop

lukehallam540

Hi guys,

i am a complete novice when it comes to laptops... PC's im just fine

Long story short im having to jump between houses consistently every week due to family reasons that im not going to go into.

i have a gaming pc right now that i am going to sell in the near future so i can get a laptop that can play all the games i love (and of course cyberpunk when it comes out.

im just looking for advice because im only using it for gaming (heavily) and work (occasionally) and even then working is not intensive.... more analytical stuff and small parts of programming.

ive seen the 17.3" octane VI and seen how heavily you can ramp it up with gtx 2080 and an i9 processor and basically im just looking for advice on what i really need.

Its all going to be for gaming so any advice would be appreciated, budget is around £2000-£2500

Thanks for the help guys

Edit: would even a mini PC work well? i cant ethernet it up and would have to use wifi so there is that to consider as well

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You're going to sell your PC to fund a laptop but might be okay with a mini PC.

What do you need from your system physically? Is there a lack of space, a need for occasional portability? What do you need it to do that your current system cannot (besides more gaming performance)? :)

lukehallam540

Honestly I'm looking for portability.... I'm going to have to move from one place to another probably each and every day (may be every 2-3 days at a push) so gaming performance and portability is the