Looking for advice on upgrading

Novaerian

I'm looking to get more consistent/better FPS in Rainbow six siege and a few other ubisoft games.
My PC specs are:
Processor (CPU)Intel Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-7400 (3.0GHz) 6MB Cache
MotherboardASUS STRIX B250H GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP
Storage Drive2 x 1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
MonitorSamsung LS24D330HSX/EN 24" LED monitor
I'm not that interested in getting massive graphics improvements and the budget isn't too great, around £300-£400 possibly, may end up less though, i've had this setup for two years now and am thinking about a possible upgrade.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really you've got 3 distinct bottlenecks, the power supply, GPU and the monitor.

The monitor will limit any GPU upgrades as it can only show 60fps, so even if you can push more, you won't be able to see them as the screen is limited to 60Hz.

You could look at a GTX1660 Super which is around £200, but you'd have to likely upgrade the power supply to a 550w which would cost around £50

Then you could look towards a 75Hz 1440p monitor which would significantly improve your overall experience:

That's making the most of the budget, but if it was me, I'd save up a little more to buy a better 1440p 144Hz monitor with Freesync which would last many years longer than the 75Hz one, and still be a smoother gaming experience. You can find a perfectly good 1440p Freesync monitor for around the £300 - £350 mark.

The 1660 Super is a very capable card for entry level 1440p gaming though and it would be a pretty big increase for you.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I expect a 450W PSU will be fine for a 1660 Super, it's only a 125W card, and the CPU's only a locked i5.

Which ubisoft games though?

R6S is one thing, something like AC:OD or Ghost Recon or The Division or Watchdogs 2 is another.

I'd agree that holding off and aiming to 1440p 144hz is probably a better plan and more cost effective in the long run, as well as ultimately giving a better experience.

Novaerian

Watchdogs 2 and Far cry ND mostly are the main other two, thanks for the reccommendations about upgrades, i knew enough about PCs to put my current one together, but not enough to really decide on a sensible upgrade, a friend suggested upgrading to an i7 and a 1070, but that ended up really expensive.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
a friend suggested upgrading to an i7 and a 1070, but that ended up really expensive.
It would indeed. Also, it's investing a lot of money into an obsolete platform.

An i7 7700(k) is the best you'd get for that, and it's beaten in gaming performance by modern i5 and AMD R5 CPUs.

Your quad core i5 CPU could see some performance drops in Watch Dogs 2 and AC:OD which are exceptionally CPU intensive, though you'll still be GPU bound most of the time at higher settings even with a 1660 Super - certainly with a 1050 ti. But I wouldn't recommend sinking money into a CPU upgrade. Try turning down the most CPU demanding settings and just sticking it out for as long as possible before you buy a new PC / upgrade the platform.