Looking for feedback on this build

VeNoM56k

Basically looking to game with it and just want to see what everyone thinks about this build(not much experience with hardware)

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X4 QUAD CORE 980 (3.70GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard
ASUS® M5A97: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans

Just want to know if the build is good, how well it will perform with new games, and will i be able to game on high/max settings.

Also is it worth it to email them and ask to add the £9 thermal paste instead of the standard one? I will be gaming long hours so im thinking it might be.

All replies are welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

VeNoM56k

Also im thinking of changing the GTX 560 to the 560ti. Is it worth the extra money or will the 560 be fine? I dont mind paying extra if there is a significant difference.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
There is a significant difference between the 560 and 560 ti, it would definitely be worth the extra money if you can afford it.

A few things to note about your spec would be that, whilst the Sentry 2 is cool it is unnecessary, and the Titan Fenrir is VERY unnecessary. Not buying these would make no difference to your pc, since you don't need them, and free up your budget a bit more, which you could spend to get a GTX 570.

Other than that it's a nice, cheap spec. Remember to get the Silver warranty for a fiver though!