Looking for Good CPU Fan and RAM for This PC

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That’s the size of the chiplets inside the CPU, the overall size for the Kryosheet will be the IHS (integrated heat spreader) size.

But I didn’t have much luck finding the IHS size on the AMD site either, but Thermal Grizzly’s product page said the 38x38mm sheet was the one needed for AM3 (your’s) and AM4 (mine).

John554

Bronze Level Poster
That’s the size of the chiplets inside the CPU, the overall size for the Kryosheet will be the IHS (integrated heat spreader) size.

But I didn’t have much luck finding the IHS size on the AMD site either, but Thermal Grizzly’s product page said the 38x38mm sheet was the one needed for AM3 (your’s) and AM4 (mine).
Thank you so much. I'll get that one then. Only thing that concerns me is my processor is on its side. Will that run the risk of the pad slipping out?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you so much. I'll get that one then. Only thing that concerns me is my processor is on its side. Will that run the risk of the pad slipping out?
You obviously have the PC flat to apply it, otherwise gravity tends to get in the way, damn Isaac Newton and his "opinions"!

John554

Bronze Level Poster
You obviously have the PC flat to apply it, otherwise gravity tends to get in the way, damn Isaac Newton and his "opinions"!
Sorry, I mean *after* I've applied the graphite pad and then re-connected the CPU cooler. Is there any chance it could slip out in the years after?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry, I mean *after* I've applied the graphite pad and then re-connected the CPU cooler. Is there any chance it could slip out in the years after?
No. Once the cooler is screwed back down it will be tight enough to keep it in place.