Looking for the best build for my budget

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Will the Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler FIT?
It’d fit in the Lancool 215, but they’d be likely to front mount the radiator. Top mount is the best but front wouldn’t be a problem.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’d fit in the Lancool 215, but they’d be likely to front mount the radiator. Top mount is the best but front wouldn’t be a problem.
I can't remember is the H115 240mm or 280mm? If it's 240mm it should fit on the roof, you could also spend £1 more and get the 4000D case which would definitely fit a 240mm radiator on the roof.

Again it depends if it's 240 or 280 though

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Will the Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler FIT?

It is RGB too. I would strongly recommend the Capellix option, it's a fantastic bit of kit all around and the RGB can be switched off (as with all the Corsair offerings).

DarTon

@Steveyg. The H115i is 280mm. It can be top mounted if you move to the 4000D (I know because that's how I have it). But it's a tight fit and it can impact the RAM you can fit. I have low profile DIMMs (34mm height) which are fine. If you want to buy ones with lots of RGB lighting or with those big, macho (and rather pointless) heat spreaders which take the DIMMs above 40mm to even 50mm, you may start to struggle (or at a minimum need to take out the AIO to remove the RAM etc).

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Lian Li's website claims compatibility with a 280mm radiator top mounted. Whether that's actually practicable I'm not sure...

doates

Bronze Level Poster
I really dont like the PCS Logo on the cooler tho. It makes it look weird. Yea ive done research but theres no real 100% answer out there. I dont think paying for 145 euro cooler for a 250e cpu is the best.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I really dont like the PCS Logo on the cooler tho. It makes it look weird. Yea ive done research but theres no real 100% answer out there. I dont think paying for 145 euro cooler for a 250e cpu is the best.

There's no doubt that the Corsair is huge overkill for the CPU. The trouble is with middling though. We wouldn't recommend wasting any money on a cooler below the Coolermaster lite 240. It's without doubt the best bang for your buck and will handle just about any future upgrade on the CPU you could want. It's not the best, but it's very reliable and does exactly what it says on the tin. After that there's not a lot of middle ground worth purchasing so the next level up is the Corsair with the silent fan option. The capellix is a newer design cold plate with silent fans and RGB (if you want it, fine to switch off if not). When you're at this level you are as well paying the extra couple of £ for the 280mm option where the case allows.

For the 5600X the 280mm cooler is massive overkill but who knows what future upgrades you may want. It will take ANY chip that you can drop into the board with ease.

For now, I would personally choose the H115i Capellix, it's just the best option IMO. If the 240 becomes available while you are waiting on the build then that's a no brainer to switch down for your use case. If it doesn't become available, you certainly haven't lost out with cooling capacity, silence or future upgradeability.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah it's a little frustrating that there is no direct competitor to the Liquid Lite 240 and everything else is either way below it or way above it.

Especially when it's in such a nice sweet spot in terms of performance and price

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The other option is to go slightly DIY and order the standard AMD cooler and buy a high-quality air cooler like the Noctua NH-U12S or U14S for £45ish to £65ish. That would be completely fine with the 5600X and maybe higher tier CPUs as well. This is the route I ended up taking (though I went overboard and got the D15S, which is totally unnecessary).

There's not really another good option in this kind of price range.

doates

Bronze Level Poster
Ah well i appreciate the help. i think ill just go with the H115i Capelli. ALthough i hate the PCS logo on the cpu mount lol

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ah well i appreciate the help. i think ill just go with the H115i Capelli. ALthough i hate the PCS logo on the cpu mount lol

You could ask them not to place the PCS facia on there. It may even be easy to swap out with the original, I can't imagine it being difficult.

doates

Bronze Level Poster
I changed my mind again going with Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler Lmao i just like its Looks better

doates

Bronze Level Poster
1629207941533.png