Memory

16GB DDR4 anything between 2500-3200MHz

Hard Drive

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

LCD

14.0-inch FHD

Wireless

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200

I'm looking to build a laptop with the framework of the above-mentioned specs. It's not an immediate requirement but maybe towards the end of 2021 or whenever the economy opens so I can sell my current laptop. What would the price bracket be? I would like your suggestions at that time. I don't see an option with PCS to get an AMD processor laptop now.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Honestly if you are not looking until the end of 2021 there is no point advising on any of the current builds that PCS offer. Prices are fluctuating, components dont know if they are coming and going - let alone the customer knowing whats available from time to time.

When you say AMD graphics are you expecting a notebook version of a recent AMD graphics card as all I have ever seen offered is nvidia or do you just mean integrated graphics?

currently there are no PCS AMD laptops under 15 inch

15.6 inch wise you are looking at £1250 minimum at the moment.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Honestly if you are not looking until the end of 2021 there is no point advising on any of the current builds that PCS offer. Prices are fluctuating, components dont know if they are coming and going - let alone the customer knowing whats available from time to time.

When you say AMD graphics are you expecting a notebook version of a recent AMD graphics card as all I have ever seen offered is nvidia or do you just mean integrated graphics?

currently there are no PCS AMD laptops under 15 inch

15.6 inch wise you are looking at £1250 minimum at the moment.
Thank you. I'm specifically looking for 14 inches or under that as I don't want a larger laptop screen. Yes, it's just the integrated graphics. Has PCS ever had AMD laptops in 14 inches or under?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Thank you. I'm specifically looking for 14 inches or under that as I don't want a larger laptop screen. Yes, it's just the integrated graphics. Has PCS ever had AMD laptops in 14 inches or under?

In all honesty I dont know as only really ever concentrated on the 15.6 and 17.3 when I was looking.

I dont see why they wouldnt have but hopefully someone else will confirm for you - if not you would have to ask PCS directly.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think you may struggle to have those specs, as suggested. 14" are normally classed as ultra-slim laptops. You are unlikely to get a high level of CPU in such a model. I think you would be limited to 15" and above.

With that being said, unless specifically required, there's no real reason to go for AMD in this market. The upgradeability often mentioned with regards to AMD etc is a bit more of a moot point with laptops in mind. We just recommend getting the best spec that you can afford and replace it once it's at the end of its life. There aren't really any upgrade prospects other than storage & RAM.