Looking to buy Gigabyte 27" 170Hz IPS Gaming Monitor -

Hi folks,

My dad is looking to buy a new monitor for his PC setup, wondering if with the specs below this one would be a good choice.

The graphics card which isn't listed below because it was a post-delivery upgrade is a : EVGA 1070 SC card :)

Case
InWIN 703 MID TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK/RED)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z170 PRO GAMING: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
8GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Storage Drive
2TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD2003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Chris :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a few years old but gives you some idea of performance on older titles, obviously on current titles it will struggle at 1440p 60fps without reducing settings.

It's a lovely monitor though, I'm a big fan of the Gigabyte monitors, they're releasing some very competitve products.

So will the monitor be fine with this card though is what I mean? Will it be too overpowered for it or will it be in the right operating level or whatever to get good performance out of it?

Sorry, i'm a total noob with all this stuff but just want to know if this is a good monitor to combine with this card or if it's maybe too overpowered and not a good combination.

- C

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So will the monitor be fine with this card though is what I mean? Will it be too overpowered for it or will it be in the right operating level or whatever to get good performance out of it?

Sorry, i'm a total noob with all this stuff but just want to know if this is a good monitor to combine with this card or if it's maybe too overpowered and not a good combination.

- C
You can see benchmarks above. FPS = Hz, so if the FPS exceeds 165, the monitor won't be able to show them.

As above, on newer titles the GPU may struggle at 1440p to maintain 60FPS without reducing settings.