Looking to buy this setup, any improvements I should make?

Pc_Spec

Hey guys, below is the setup Im thinking about, for 1080p gaming, please let me know if it's alright.

Also should I be looking at getting a CPU cooler? And is the case a good option

Thanks

Case
CORSAIR 275R AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 13 working days
Price: £879.00 including VAT and Delivery

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The spec looks great

You could get a 240mm AIO cooler like the Cooler Master Lite if you wanted, though it's not necessary.

The should be fine for this kind of hardware. I can't find a review showing quite how much of an improvement over the original 275R the Airflow edition is, but it should be a reasonable improvement since it actually has holes in the front :)

You could consider a 500gb SSD. Some modern games are extremely large and it will be less hassle having one of those installed on a larger drive (i.e. you won't have to uninstall everything else first. :))

Pc_Spec

Thank you for the suggestions, and clearing up my concerns, do games run better if installed to an SSD rather than a HDD or is it purely the load times?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Load times, though depending on settings it could make texture streaming or cell loading smoother. And it will affect load times in-game like level load times, the world reloading after fast travel etc

In view of the £19 difference for 250gb and 500gb, it's well worth it.

Pc_Spec

Thanks I'll take a look sounds worth it. Hopefully last question. Which case would you say is better the fractal focus g or the Corsair 275r airflow. Or is there another that's budget but better? Thanks again

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Since I can't find any tests of the 275R Airflow edition, it's hard to say, though I'd expect the Fractal Focus G to be the better thermal performer just as it has more mesh at the front and PCS sell it with 3 fans. The Focus G is one of the top recommendations on the forum for budget cases. However, either's adequate for this level of hardware.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Stick to the stock cooler. The stock cooler is decent, so the value you get from very basic air cooler is minimal. A 240mm AIO cooler adds a couple of fans to the case's airflow system, and is also a much more effective cooler than a cheap air cooler, so it has that as a merit. But if you're looking for a cheap cooler that just does the job well enough, the stock cooler is fine.