Lots of Beer and a Burger.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Today, Mrs Cooper and I took advantage of a gift experience that’d been purchased for us by her dad. Off to Brewhouse and Kitchen we went for a burger and a beer tasting master class (we were originally scheduled to do it this evening but changed the time to 2pm as Mrs C tires easily… and this is the reason why I made a very bad decision)

As I understood it we’d arrive, eat our burgers and then try some beers afterward, so went there having not eaten anything at all. I got it wrong. You arrive, get your beers and then they bring food at the end of the tasting session. The fact that I am able to type this at all is miraculous, I am seriously under the affluence of incohol.

The guy (big up to Bruno) who did the session was ace, he totally catered for Mrs C’s pregnant state by bringing her the boozy beers to smell but also bringing her non-alcoholic versions so she’d have something to drink. And he was impressed with my beer knowledge so kept bringing me extras that weren’t even on our tasting menu that he thought I’d like. Top lad.

I drank my beers, I drank Mrs Cooper’s beers, I drank the six or so extras he kept appearing with. On an empty stomach. I am a ruinous pile of a man right now. I barely remember eating the burger or the drive home. And when we arrived back at the house, my monthly beer delivery from the good folk at Beer52 was waiting in the front porch… I might leave it an hour or two before dipping into that 🤢

Here’s a picture of our ale-laden table… some glasses had already been cleared at this point:

239DC083-FB50-44CE-8025-F1CB60F995B6.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Today, Mrs Cooper and I took advantage of a gift experience that’d been purchased for us by her dad. Off to Brewhouse and Kitchen we went for a burger and a beer tasting master class (we were originally scheduled to do it this evening but changed the time to 2pm as Mrs C tires easily… and this is the reason why I made a very bad decision)

As I understood it we’d arrive, eat our burgers and then try some beers afterward, so went there having not eaten anything at all. I got it wrong. You arrive, get your beers and then they bring food at the end of the tasting session. The fact that I am able to type this at all is miraculous, I am seriously under the affluence of incohol.

The guy (big up to Bruno) who did the session was ace, he totally catered for Mrs C’s pregnant state by bringing her the boozy beers to smell but also bringing her non-alcoholic versions so she’d have something to drink. And he was impressed with my beer knowledge so kept bringing me extras that weren’t even on our tasting menu that he thought I’d like. Top lad.

I drank my beers, I drank Mrs Cooper’s beers, I drank the six or so extras he kept appearing with. On an empty stomach. I am a ruinous pile of a man right now. I barely remember eating the burger or the drive home. And when we arrived back at the house, my monthly beer delivery from the good folk at Beer52 was waiting in the front porch… I might leave it an hour or two before dipping into that 🤢

Here’s a picture of our ale-laden table… some glasses had already been cleared at this point:

View attachment 31182
Ooooo, that's quite a session!

Was Missus C ok with your affliction or are you in the dog house?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

View attachment 31182
When I read "lots of beer" in the title, I wasn't expecting quite that much!! Holy moly, someone might wake up with a headache 😂

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ooooo, that's quite a session!

Was Missus C ok with your affliction or are you in the dog house?
Mrs Cooper was all for it. Due to my somewhat rock and roll lifestyle in my twenties I have enormous tolerance levels and am often the last man standing when it comes to a big night out. As such, she’s never seen me properly drunk before and seemed to thoroughly enjoy witnessing me getting progressively more shambling.

I have rehydrated with cups of tea and water but am seriously considering having another drink later on. Time wise, I estimate that the hangover would likely kick in around bedtime and I can’t be having that.

It may be worth screening anything I post later today 🤪

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mrs Cooper was all for it. Due to my somewhat rock and roll lifestyle in my twenties I have enormous tolerance levels and am often the last man standing when it comes to a big night out. As such, she’s never seen me properly drunk before and seemed to thoroughly enjoy witnessing me getting progressively more shambling.

I have rehydrated with cups of tea and water but am seriously considering having another drink later on. Time wise, I estimate that the hangover would likely kick in around bedtime and I can’t be having that.

It may be worth screening anything I post later today 🤪
Ha ha, eagerly awaiting some massive deterioration into Egyptian hieroglyphics or something :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ha ha, eagerly awaiting some massive deterioration into Egyptian hieroglyphics or something :ROFLMAO:
I genuinely don’t remember making the post below 😶

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I genuinely don’t remember making the post below 😶

D

Deleted member 41971

View attachment 31182

if I drank that much youd be seeing me in hospital o_O

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Absolutely peachy, thanks for asking. I think returning to the ale in the evening was a good move, it resurrected me.

Got up at 9am, had some scrambled eggs with lots of Tabasco sauce and then went for a run to sweat it out and reset the demons.
Stellar performance, congratulations!

D

Deleted member 41971

Absolutely peachy, thanks for asking. I think returning to the ale in the evening was a good move, it resurrected me.

Got up at 9am, had some scrambled eggs with lots of Tabasco sauce and then went for a run to sweat it out and reset the demons.

are you human? is your liver made of marble?

If you went to an all you can drink bar, the bar would be out of business by 9pm

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
are you human? is your liver made of marble?

If you went to an all you can drink bar, the bar would be out of business by 9pm
Like I said earlier in the thread, I used to be on a somewhat excessive pathway in life. My superpower is metabolising bad things and retaining the ability to function relatively well.

I’m on annual leave and going to be a father in just over four months. I may never be able to have fun again. I might as well make the most of it 😁

Current AgentCooper status?

319047DD-965B-4499-AFED-23DA29BADFCB.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Like I said earlier in the thread, I used to be on a somewhat excessive pathway in life. My superpower is metabolising bad things and retaining the ability to function relatively well.

I’m on annual leave and going to be a father in just over four months. I may never be able to have fun again. I might as well make the most of it 😁

Current AgentCooper status?

View attachment 31213
Oh Christ, tomorrows the early announcement isn't it?