Loud screeching sound coming from cooling power adaptor from the laptop dc port

FrenzyGr

Hello, I set up the cooler everything fine but when I opened up a game the DC port at the back of the laptop started making this loud screeching noise? Is this normal?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, very! It only happens when a game is launched
Ooo, that's probably not a great sign, it's possible it something rubbing up against a fan, but given where you're hearing it its more likely coil whine which certainly shouldn't be happening on a PSU.

I would contact PCS, it may well need swapping out bit they'll guide you on what's required.

FrenzyGr

Ooo, that's probably not a great sign, it's possible it something rubbing up against a fan, but given where you're hearing it its more likely coil whine which certainly shouldn't be happening on a PSU.

I would contact PCS, it may well need swapping out bit they'll guide you on what's required
I've sent them a message. Thanks for the info! The noise is very loud and definitely coming from the PSU, if I play without it the laptop makes no noise at all just the fans

FrenzyGr

Got a brand new £3000 Recoil with a 4090 and unfortunately after i run any graphically intensive game there is an absolutely horrendous whine coming from the back DC port, surprisingly it doesn't whine almost at all while running the time spy benchmark which would make sense why they didn't catch this at the QC/Testing phase.

The DPD guy just arrived and took the laptop a minute ago.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got a brand new £3000 Recoil with a 4090 and unfortunately after i run any graphically intensive game there is an absolutely horrendous whine coming from the back DC port, surprisingly it doesn't whine almost at all while running the time spy benchmark which would make sense why they didn't catch this at the QC/Testing phase.

The DPD guy just arrived and took the laptop a minute ago.
Issues often occur from transport, if the package is dropped, or something like that it could damage a component.

It wouldn't have passed QC if it was present at that time.

Normally issues like this will occur within the first 6 months to a year of use, that's why warranty is so important.

But once its received back at PCS, it will go I to the RMA queue to be worked on. This all depends on the current volume as to how long that is, only PCS could give an expectation of that.

The hardest part of an RMA is to identify the issue which on this occasion is pretty clear cut so i don't the fix will take long. Then it would be dispatched back to you for next day delivery.

FrenzyGr

Issues often occur from transport, if the package is dropped, or something like that it could damage a component.

It wouldn't have passed QC if it was present at that time.

Normally issues like this will occur within the first 6 months to a year of use, that's why warranty is so important.

But once its received back at PCS, it will go I to the RMA queue to be worked on. This all depends on the current volume as to how long that is, only PCS could give an expectation of that.

The hardest part of an RMA is to identify the issue which on this occasion is pretty clear cut so i don't the fix will take long. Then it would be dispatched back to you for next day delivery.
I got the laptop in preparation of Starfield and Cities Skyline so fingers crossed everything's going to be all good till then!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got the laptop in preparation of Starfield and Cities Skyline so fingers crossed everything's going to be all good till then!
Ooo, yeah, feel you there! You need it back quick.

I think you'll be ok, allow for 2 weeks or so, you should get updates in your main PCS account.

FrenzyGr

Laptop got delivered to PCS on the 19th and I just got confirmation 1/8 that they finished working on it, they replaced the Motherboard so that hopefully solves the coil whine, in the message they've said the laptop is waiting for dispatch soon. As a secondary issue the Nahimic app refused to work for whatever reason and they state they've solved that too.
I'll update this post once I have the laptop in my hands and test it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Laptop got delivered to PCS on the 19th and I just got confirmation 1/8 that they finished working on it, they replaced the Motherboard so that hopefully solves the coil whine, in the message they've said the laptop is waiting for dispatch soon. As a secondary issue the Nahimic app refused to work for whatever reason and they state they've solved that too.
I'll update this post once I have the laptop in my hands and test it.
That's good news, should be despatched back to you within a few days by the sound of things, so pretty quick turnaround.

That's great they've replaced the motherboard entirely.

Keep us posted (y)