Low FPS in WoW

UndeadJack

Master Poster
To get serious, though, I am still trying to think what your problem could be. You mentioned that you can get up to 60 fps in unpopulated places? I assume this changes as soon as you fly into orgrimmar though?

Durotar, not just Org. I am getting the problem in hellfire peninsula and nobody is even there

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Hmm. Have you tried reinstalling WoW yet? I know it seems like you'd need to download all 35gb or however big it is now, all again, but due to the new launcher you can play within about 30mins-1hour of installing, it will download as you play. I'd definitely recommend this, and then see if it changes afterwards.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
When my HDD got wiped I was really annoyed and thought I would have to spend ~48 hours downloading everythin again, but after 1 hour I could log in to the game again. :)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
The game is now being affected even with Low settings. I was doing a quest where I am flying and my fps dropped to 14 on low

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Ouch. Something's seriously wrong, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what it is. All I can say for now is that you should reinstall WoW, maybe do that tonight whilst your sleeping?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
ditto. - Can't really do that due to the fact I have WoW vanilla to install, then Wrath, then Cata then the patches. I can't download the client as I have a low bandwith as I live in the north.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Ah I see. All I had to do was install the classic game and TBC CDs and then it just downloaded everything.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Yeah but then it has to download the WotLK and Cata clients with the patches simultaneously aka. I GET THROTTLED.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Bizarrely when I was installing the TBC disc it actually downloaded all the wotlk and cata stuff during that installation, not in the patching.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I actually am just waiting for a group of idiots to go to Org and shout, Zepplin is closed due to AIDS in a swastika shape....