Lucasarts Are Back!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
guybrush-threepwood-the-original-thug-life_fb_6100201.jpg

Not his finest moment, but always made me chuckle

dtlucario

Thank every God that there is. EA has all but completely wasted the Star Wars license.
Battlefront II
The Mobile game
A couple of SWTOR expansions
and Fallen Order.

And that's all they've done.

I'll be happy to see what Lucasfilms does once it has it back. It's an exciting prospect.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Thank every God that there is. EA has all but completely wasted the Star Wars license.
Battlefront II
The Mobile game
and Fallen Order.

I'll be happy to see what Lucasfilms does once it has it back. It's an exciting prospect.
If, instead of getting Bioware to make Anthem *shudder*...EA had asked Bioware to do a Mass Effect-style Star Wars game (I'm thinking perhaps set between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy with you effectively building the Rebellion up by working with different factions in the galaxy, instead of trying to win the support of the turians, krogans, etc as seen in Mass Effect), that could have been fun. The gameplay could have been very similar to what was done in Mass Effect - travelling to different planets, interacting with people, making decisions that impact on the planets, etc. The added bonus being that Fallen Order is set during the same time period, so a collaboration with Respawn could have allowed prominent characters in each game appear in the other one. That, if done well, could have led to characters becoming popular justifying sequels and even their own spinoff games, leading to far more revenues being generated for EA, and therefore Disney.

Instead, EA wanted Anthem and it was a total dumpster fire.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Battlefront II
The Mobile game
and Fallen Order.

The lootbox fiasco really put me of ea