Machine keeps crashing / shorting out

Diddley

Hi

I have the following spec machine:
Case
PCS Hush! Silent Mini-ITX Case + 60W PSU
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Atom™ Processor D2700 (1M Cache, 2.13 GHz)
Motherboard
INTEL® D2700DC: INNOVATION SERIES, ATOM D2700, MINI-ITX, DDR3.
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1066MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 2GB)
Graphics Card
INTEL(R) GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR 3650
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD10JPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

I am running WIN7 on it. For the most part its been great. It isn't my primary machine and for what I run on it, it does a great job.
About a month ago it kept crashing. At first I thought it was a software issue, but after trawling the logs, uninstalling almost everything and disabling most services, I came to the realisation that it is some kind of short ie a physical problem.

Also every time it crashed, I couldn't reboot it. I had to disconnect the power supply (external) and reinsert it before the machine would switch on. This made me realise that the problem was more one of power disruption than crashing.
I have tested the PSU and it is working fine. I have stripped the machine and rebuilt it twice. The first time I found what I thought was a short on the lead from the power supply input to the motherboard. I repaired it and the problem seemed to improve.

In the last week or so the problem has returned. The machine does not stay up for more than an hour and is starting to drive me mad.

I was wondering whether anyone else has encountered this problem and if there is a quick fix - replace a lead or component etc.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.