MAFIA 2 Benchmark

LDUK

Master Poster
I did the benchmark on MAFIA II with the i7 930 and the GTX 480 and I got a rank D with the advice to "turn down the settings because all high settings is not optimal for the game". What the eff?

Matt

Bright Spark
Nvidia Physx. The way its meant to be played.

What? Someone had to make the joke.

Disable Physx my good man and watch your frame rates soar.

neihun627

Bronze Level Poster
I did the benchmark on MAFIA II with the i7 930 and the GTX 480 and I got a rank D with the advice to "turn down the settings because all high settings is not optimal for the game". What the eff?

LD me old mucker weres thec site to do benchmarks mate :)

LDUK

Master Poster
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/mafia-ii/pc/mafia-2-demo/

I just downloaded it and tried the benchmark.

All i can say is the in game Physx looks crap, its all fluff and unrealistic particles. I had to turn it off as it was just an eye sore.

Game looks awesome though, can't wait for next friday.

You know I agree. The PhysX looks utter s***e. I've seen some incredible PhysX before, but this is just terrible.

Look at what Nvidia have done with PhysX, this is what I want to see in games:
[video=youtube;iyg9HgiD8X0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyg9HgiD8X0[/video]

Matt

Bright Spark
I agree LD, that looks great.

Until i see that in games though my opinion will never change.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're going to have some exciting news about Mafia II in the not too distant future...can't say anything yet as we're under NDA :D

Matt

Bright Spark
We're going to have some exciting news about Mafia II in the not too distant future...can't say anything yet as we're under NDA :D

I'm going to speculate and say you will be giving a free copy away with new Pc's, or when you buy a certain brand of video card. :D

Xavien

Enthusiast
I found that with everything on full and physx on medium the game runs sweet, well the demo does anyway

LDUK

Master Poster
I found that with everything on full and physx on medium the game runs sweet, well the demo does anyway

It runs at an average of 30FPS with everything on and PhysX on High, but I still only got a rank D :(