Marvell 912x Controller Driver

Tez77

Enthusiast
Hi lost my disk that came with pc my motherboard is Asus P6X58D-E checked on the Asus site for Marvell 912x Controller Driver looks outdated any one no what is the latest version and where to get from thanks

Tez77

Enthusiast
Not sure Buzz says in dervice manger missing i have 2 drives pluged into the 6 Gbs port think i am on right track this is why i need please tell me if i am totally wrong

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Not sure Buzz says in dervice manger missing i have 2 6Gbs drives pluged into the 6 Gbs port think i am on right track this is why i need please tell me if i am totally wrong

So you actually have issues, and not just trying to update drivers. If I were you I would just get the drivers off the ASUS site for your motherboard. That way you can at least know the drivers work and are correct.

Can you give me some more information as it is hard to figure from your posts your exact issue.

In device manager do you see the device or not.

If you do see but has yellow errors mark in device manager, just install the drivers from below

WIN 7 32Bit Drivers
WIN 7 64Bit Drivers

If you have drives plugged in and use Marvel but it does not show, go into BIOS by tapping delete on startup
Click on advanced
Click Onboard device configuration (name might differ slightly)
Look for Marvel and make sure it is enabled.
Press F10 to save and Exit

Tez77

Enthusiast
Ok i have a 2 Tb drive and a 560 both are 6GBs i am about to format my computer but i have these pluged in to the 6gbs ports do i need to install Marvell 912x Controller last time i formatted they was a icon in device manger like i need to install the driver
am on windows 7 64bit got all the other drivers i need just wondering if i need to bother with this i have a ssd drive pluged in to the 3gbs port
I can plug all into the 3gbs ports but was thinking be better in the 6 gbs

Buzz

Master
Your computer has

6X 3GBs (blue) Intel
2x 6GBs (Gray) Marvel

Is your SSD your system drive?

Being your board only has those ports I would suggest

SSD = Operating system on a Gray port Marvel (Enable Marvel storage controller in BIOS)
2TB = Data on Gray Marvel

Other drives on 3GB Blue.

Once formatted and windows reinstalled, go to

P6X58DE - downloads

and download and install the drivers from there and unless you have issues stick with those drivers. ASUS are pretty good at keeping the drivers up to date to the most recent available. If the driver says 2010 you can pretty much take that, that it is the most stable one.

Tez77

Enthusiast
Big thanks Buzz for your help rep points :) i inderstand all that my ssd dive is only 3gbs shall i put that on the blue one it is my main drive windows

Buzz

Master
Oh right well yes, if your SSD is only 3GB then you can use the corresponding ports for that if you like. Its a little awkward of a setup as the SSD drive is slower then your HDD but yet still using the SSD for the operating system.

It would be best realistically if the operating system was on the fastest drive on the 6Gb ports.

What capacity is the SSD drive?

Buzz

Master
Yeah personally I would still put the SSD drive on one of the 6GB ports and use for operating system. And put the fastest of the 2 HDD on the other 6BG port with any others on the 3GB.