Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster (Legendary Edition)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Major thank you to @hobnobs for alerting us to this upcoming announcement!

The Mass Effect trilogy is getting a massive make over for spring next year (hopefully March / April)

Anyone who hasn't played this series, it's exceptional, well worth picking up!

P.S... Happy #N7Day

Last edited:

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Major thank you to @hobnobs for alerting us to this upcoming announcement!

The Mass Effect trilogy is getting a massive make over for spring next year (hopefully March / April)

Anyone who hasn't played this series, it's exceptional, well worth picking up!

P.S... Happy #N7Day
Aha. I'm super excited. They've also said that there's another new mass effect game in the works :cool:

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I tried playing Mass Effect as it was on Game Pass (still is AFAIK) and I just couldn't get on with it....then again I am safely ensconced in the sub-terrainean levels when it comes to ability in FPS games :rolleyes: And the driving mechanics are even worse than Halo..and that's saying something. May try giving it another go at some point as I did enjoy the shooting stuff....just some of the rest got a bit tedious (the space station missions for example)
HEATHEN!

What’ll everyone be going for? ManShep or FemShep?

I think Jennifer Hale’s voice acting was always better than Mark Meer’s. Plus if I’m going to be looking at their butt for the best part of a hundred hours... easy choice.

Currently running through John "Moose" Shepard on all three games. Ran a twitter poll so currently I am a Paragon, Sentinel.

I've played the trilogy in almost every which way possible but this is the first time playing as Sentinel and MAN its pulling teeth!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Currently running through John "Moose" Shepard on all three games. Ran a twitter poll so currently I am a Paragon, Sentinel.

I've played the trilogy in almost every which way possible but this is the first time playing as Sentinel and MAN its pulling teeth!

Ugh. Sentinel. The WORST way to play the game. Soldier for old school, Adept for most fun.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I
HEATHEN!

I played the trilogy on Xbox 360 when it came out and persevered as a Sentinel in the first game but switched class in ME2 and never went back!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Soldier was the first class I played for obvious reasons and its the most "standard" Class.

Vanguard is the class which is soo hard at the start but you one shot most things late game and is the most fun.
Adept is cool
Infiltrator is hard but again fun
Soldier

The rest is in the bin

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll wait till you've played it and tell everyone if its 'really' worth it.... :)

Its like movies, if we can't make good new games anymore (rip Cyberpunk) lets just remake good old games :D
The ONLY thing I find wrong with the original Trilogy (Not including Andromeda which quite frankly just doesn't belong in the series), is the fact that the first game is so dated.

To have it all shiny and with updated mechanisms in one complete package just makes me weak at the knees.

Problem as always is..... it's EA managing it which always fills me with dread!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The ONLY thing I find wrong with the original Trilogy (Not including Andromeda which quite frankly just doesn't belong in the series), is the fact that the first game is so dated.
Yep, as someone who played 2 and 3 before trying the original, I really struggled with the first game and actually gave up on it. I'll definitely consider picking this up just for the chance to complete it.

FemShep, Soldier, Paragon - This is the way.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

To have it all shiny and with updated mechanisms in one complete package just makes me weak at the knees.

Problem as always is..... it's EA managing it which always fills me with dread!
The gameplay of the original is similar to and clearly inspired by Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic games, but KOTOR was marketed specifically as an RPG, so the gameplay mechanics such as the combat fit. As Mass Effect 1 seemed to be trying to grab the FPS crowd as much as RPG fans, it ended up a weird hybrid that didn't fully satisfy either.

I modded the hell out of the first game when I eventually played it on PC (played the trilogy on Xbox 360), so it was gorgeous, but the game mechanics were not really moddable.